“Lovely Spot”
Review of Bit & Spur

Bit & Spur
Reserve with OpenTable
Bit & Spur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went across the street from Zion Park Inn for a lovely dinner outside, sipping margaritas, watching the flora and fauna. Nice service and menu, pleasant alternative to many of the "tour" places we ate at.

There are newer reviews for Bit & Spur

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I didnt like the food, not worth the money. The waitresses were Ok, but they lacked enthousiasm. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Try to get in here as often as I can from the other side of the hill, in Kanab.
Ate here with a group of 7 after our Subway hike on 7/6/14.

Group loved the guac, steaks, tamales & pitchers of margs and everything else Whitney put in front of us.
Fantazmical jalapeno popper - eating contest was halted by mgmt, supposedly for the health & safety of group members, but the real reason was that time spent eating could have been used more productively for drinking! Decision is being appealed Scoville Unit Court of Appeals, somewhere in hills of New Mexico. Loves me them poppers!

But I digress.....
As usual: GREAT Service, WONDERFUL food, BEAUTIMUS atmosphere & PERFECT vibe!
Hats off to EXCELLENT management & SPOT ON, HARD WORKING, FRIENDLY staff.

ALWAYS my first choice for dining in Springdale & should be your's as well.

Routinely & Fervently Recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We came in late but got very nice food quickly and the waitress was very nice. Would recommend this place to anybody who appreciate good food and a local brew.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I visited the Bit & Spur on July 3 along with my wife and two adult sons. We had just arrived in Springdale and were hungry. The Bit & Spur is just across the highway from our hotel so we decided to give it a try.

The host seated us right away and the waitress followed quickly with menus and took our drink order. I initially thought the menu would be "steak house" given the restaurant name but turns out it is primarily Tex-Mex style food with fish and steaks available also.

My wife ordered the sweet potato tamales which she said were ok but but boring.

Initially I was going to order the Chile Verde and I like some spice to my food but the waitress said it was very spicy so I reconsidered. I had the pork Flautas Verde and one son had the chicken version. I am accustomed to flautas being small diameter rolled tortillas with some filling. Bit & Spur makes theirs about 2 inches in diameter like a burrito and then fries them. The flautas came with rice and beans on the side. Both the pork and chicken were good but again somewhat bland. My other son ordered a chicken burrito which it turns out has the same ingredients as the flautas but just has the rice and beans rolled into the tortilla.

The service was very good. The friendly waitress was there at the right moment throughout the meal and each meal delivered to the correct person without the "who ordered the pork" kind of questions. This was pleasantly surprising for a more casual type restaurant in a tourist spot.

So overall:
Food - Good but somewhat boring. After eating there I would have ordered the Chile Verde as it appears they rate "spicy" based on folks that think green bell peppers are hot.
Service - Very good with attention at the right times.
Value - Prices are reasonable for the quality and portions.

I would cautiously recommend this restaurant due to the food being good but a bit bland.