“Southwestern Food - Spicy & Non-spicy options avalible”
Review of Bit & Spur

Bit & Spur
Reserve with OpenTable
Bit & Spur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I found this to be very good food, especially for out near the middle of nowhere (you cannot find food like this just outside of Bryce NP, for example). Good atmosphere, but a little loud. They bring out their homemade hot sauce after your first few bites, so everyone is happy with the level of 'hot.'

There are newer reviews for Bit & Spur

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I are here after our first day of hiking in Zion. The restaurant was very nicely furnished and comfortable. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. I had the sweet potato tamales and my GF had steak tacos. The tamales were good, though slightly bland. I have a high tolerance for heat however and TexMex good tends to be less spicy than traditional Mexican cuisine. My GF swore the tacos were the best she's ever had. The slaw was tasty and added a healthy twist to the dishes. Overall a really pleasant meal and dining experience. I would eat here again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We tried this place one weekend in February, encouraged by the fact that their cuisine was not entirely Mexican. The building itself had the appearance of being quite old and probably had another purpose in previous years. While the seating arrangements lacked elboy room with the neighboring tables, the charm, decor, and history of the establishment made up for this fact, The place was quite popular and busy, and we had to endure a bit of a wait time. They offered a spot at the bar which was crowded, so we opted to wait outside while a table was prepared.
The food was good to very good, but in my opinion not excellent, and the service was friendly and more than adequate considering how busy they were. WE enjoyed a couple of drinks from their bar menu, and took some type of salsa/ketchup home as a souvenir.
The only part about our experience that was not too enjoyable was the fact we were sat at the door. This detail and the fact that I was not blown away with the value and menu resulted in only a very good rating instead of excellent.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were very pleased with the meal and the service here. Food was flavourful, fresh, staff attentive. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My sons and I shared carne assada, pollo relleno and sweet potato/pork tamales and all were quite good, as was the homemade guacamole and salsa. It was interesting trying to understand Utah's infantile liquor laws, but the waiter was very helpful