“best tamales I've had in a while”
Review of Bit & Spur

Bit & Spur
Reserve with OpenTable
Bit & Spur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
san francisco
“best tamales I've had in a while”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I had been in the Bit & Spur about 2 years ago for a drink in the bar. It was a fun and happening place then so we decided to go back this time for dinner. It was a little more upscale than we remember, but it was still good. My husband had the flauta and I had the sweet potato tamales. I always try the tamales wherever I go and am usually disappointed, but these were really good.

We also had the creme brulee which was also really good. It had a chocolate brownie-like bottom and the creme brulee over that. It would have been better had the entire thing been warmed a bit because as it was, the brownie was a little colder than I like, but still good.

Even during the gov't shutdown, the place was still pretty busy.

• Polish first
Fife, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We arrived in Springdale the night before the government shutdown and our group (14 of us) ate here that night. There was a wide variety of food and prices to suit most pockets. I went for the burrito - excellent. Service was very good, staff were attentive but without being overbearing. They did struggle a bit with the bills getting some of the drinks ones mixed up but apart from that, a great meal and evening was had by all. I would certainly eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pinkfootpat
Eagan, Minnesota
“Awesome food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had the veggie burrito made with squash which was outstanding along with their guacamole. Hubby had grilled fish tacos and their sweet potato and pecan pie for dessert. Highly recommend this place! Service was awesome too!

Redmond
“A must-do in Springdale UT”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights in Springdale while visiting Zion National Park. There were several restaurants to choose from with good reviews, but we went to Bit & Spur twice - it was wonderful. It is a little funky but in a fun way and service was great. One night the bar/pool table area was noisy, the other not so much. The food was absolutely wonderful - my favorite being the Pollo Relleno. Creative Southwestern, delicious steaks, a full bar. We loved it!

New Hampshire
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had very good tacos and burritos at the Bit & Spur. House Marguaritas were somewhat small and not that special. We had much better drinks elsewhere. All in all, good experience. Good drinks would have made it better!

Visited October 2013