“Do not eat at the Majestic View Lodge Restaurant”

Majestic View Lodge
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
La Mirada, CA
“Do not eat at the Majestic View Lodge Restaurant”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed at the Majestic View Lodge for our Zion National Park trip. The hotel itself is clean with magnificent views. The furniture are made of logs which made for a different ambience compared to other hotels. It has a nice gift shop and wild animals museum.

What was a great disappointment was the restaurant. The place was beautiful but the food was really bad. I ordered Pineapple Chicken and my husband ordered Ribeye steak. The carrots and asparagus that came with my chicken were old looking - brown and wrinkled. The chicken was swimming in a too sweet pineapple teriyaki sauce.

My husband, who doesn't complain much about his food, didn't like the steak at all. I wouldn't eat here again...I'd prefer to eat cup-of-noodles instead.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Hebrew first
boulder
Reviewed May 13, 2009

The hotel has wonderful views but is outside of town and not good for walking. The food was good and restaurant service was excellent. My major complaint was that they advertise wireless internet but it was not available in my room. I had to go to the parking lot. Excuses were - it SHOULD work - it worked when Barbara Bush stayed here - when it gets hot it doesn't work. Not one person (and I talked to everyone) offered to have it checked or offered a 10% room discount because I didn't get what I was paying for or even offered a free drink for my irritation. Therefore, I give service to the customer a low grade - they didn't seem to care that I was concerned because they didn't provide what they promised. If you are looking for nice views, this is a good place. If you are looking for a place that cares about you and your needs - this is not a good place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tilliemom
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This is a great place to stay if you're in the Zion National Park area! The room was large and spacious with a high ceiling. The bed (king size) was also very comfortable. The room was nicely decorated with natural wood furniture. Refrigerator in the room was also nice. Of course, the views from the deck or anywhere on the property are wonderful.

Breakfast was the best that we've had in Springdale. We only dinnered once, but it was also very good. And, don't miss the "museum" while you're in the lodge!

washforester
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stayed here for a 3 day stay in the park hiking etc. The room was filthy and the air conditioner kept freezing up even when following the instuctions that were displayed to prevent this. We moved to the Holiday Inn Express near St. George for the remaining two nights. I do not know in what facility the good reviews stayed, it was not ours. For the record my familly and I are not picky we had just left several nights camping in Great Basin NP and were not asking for much just a clean hotel. After informing the staff of our filthy room their only response was how hard it was to keep the rooms clean, no "we will make it right" so we moved.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank washforester
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Very nice rustic style rooms with pine log furniture. Small outdoor patio to enjoy the views. We travelled with the kids and Grandparents so we had two rooms that connected which worked out well. We had big breakfasts in the restaurant that really filled us up for big days exploring Zion.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Because of our recent stay, I thought that I would update the comments on this hotel. Refer to all of the positive comments because that is what we have to say about this place. It is beautiful and the staff was very friendly. We stayed one night only because we were traveling between Zion's and Hoover Dam area. Price for an April 5 stay was $119. The food in the restaurant was very good (priced from 11.99 for fettuccine alfredo and 16.99 for a steak entree). The shuttle to Zion's does come down to this end of Springdale, so you really do not have to drive anywhere.

2 Thank mtnxplor
West Michigan
Reviewed April 4, 2009

The Majestic View Lodge was great—rustic backwoods furniture and a little porch that looked out to the mountains. As one guidebook put it: “Epitomizing the varnished-log-furniture-and-antlers school of design, this lodge achieves genuine kitsch.” They even have an impressive taxidermy exhibit and gift store.

We ate breakfast at the adjoining restaurant and sat with a stunning view of the mountain.

Our two nights here were very nice. I was, however, disappointed that they no longer offered a guest laundry, which their website advertised.

We had two fantastic dinners while at Zion National Park. The first was at the Red Rock Grill in the park, and then at the Bit and Spur in Springdale.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple