“About what I'd expect from a Brew Pub”

Zion Canyon Brew Pub
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Southern Utah's only craft brewery! Serving up our newest brews, standard favorites, and upscale pub food at our flagship Brew Pub. Located at the entrance to Zion National Park, with a large patio in the shadow of Watchman. Best view in Springdale!
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had lunch at the Brew Pub after hiking. The service was a little slow but I attributed that to the laid back atmosphere. Food was average.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I'm a little surprised by the wide range of reviews since our experience here was very good. We stayed in the Zion campground Apr 7 & 8, 2014 and walked over the bridge to eat dinner here the first night. It was so good we came back a second night rather than cooking at our campsite and we had another wonderful meal. Just don't expect a 4 or 5-star restaurant - it's certainly not that kind of place. We like to eat at brew pubs occasionally and this one ranked right up there with some of the better ones we've been to. Great burgers, sandwiches and beer; wonderful views from our patio seating; wait staff were very nice; portions were very large and the prices were far more reasonable than most national park dining experiences we've had.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Not much to say but bad overpriced food, lousy service and overcarbonated "local" beer. Since tripadvisor makes me write more I will conclude by saying this place is grim and unrecommendable.

2  Thank rs94920
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place was next to our hotel, and after driving from Vegas then hiking for the afternoon, we didn't want to travel any more, so we ate here. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was good, some stuff better than others, the beer was pretty tasty, and the service was friendly. If you're looking for gourmet, go somewhere else. If you're looking for a decent meal and some beer to wash it down, this place will do just fine.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Based on the previous reviews hubby and I knew it would be a gamble coming here, but we like to try local brews so we figured we'd give it a try.

What a mistake! Some of the worst service we have encountered. If only a rating if zero were an option...

One thing to note: Apparently Utah state law prohibits a restaurant from selling alcohol if food is not also ordered. Establishments with a bar or club liquor license are exempt from this law. We were there for dinner and drinks, so it wasn't an issue.

While our beer was decent, it wasn't anything special. (I had the 6 oz taster size of stout and hubby had a pint of the Lodge Ale.) Any home brewer could make the same thing. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

When we walked in we were greeted by a rude hostess with a bad attitude. Maybe she hates her job, or maybe she was having a bad day. Either way, she took it out on the customers. Once seated, our waitress came over and we ordered our beer, water, and the "chips and pico" appetizer. The beer and appetizer arrived pretty promptly, minus the water, and at that time we each ordered the chicken wrap. I asked for no onions on my wrap and the regular fries, hubby asked for his wrap as-is and the chimichurri fries. Then we dug in on the chips and pico. The chips were seasoned (there was no mention of seasoning on the menu) with smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and a few other spices. Hubby liked them okay, while I picked at the few with minimal seasoning as I have a particular distaste for paprika. He also liked the pico which had an acidic bite that I found offensive.

Our entrees arrived in a reasonable amount if time, but still no sight of the water we ordered, and we had to trade wraps as the kitchen had put my wrap with his fries and vice versa. Unfortunately, the chicken salad had a lot of coriander and dill (both of which are as bad to me as paprika) as well as other herbs that completely covered the taste of the chicken, which must have been minced or shredded or something because there was no physical evidence of its existence in the wrap. I stopped after one bite. I also didn't eat my "regular" fries because they were seasoned with the same stuff that the chips were. Good thing I wasn't that hungry!

A while later (not forever, but longer than it usually takes a server...especially since it was slow and we were her only table) the waitress returned to check on things, still without our water, and I asked for another 6 oz taster of the stout. She didn't comment on the fact that I was sitting there not eating, while hubby's wrap was half done. The beer arrived pretty promptly, still no water and still no comment about my food.

About 30 minutes later, long after hubby was done eating and I had set my plate aside, we had to flag down a waiter from another section to ask him to let our waitress know that we were ready for the check. He apologized for her behavior and went to get her. When she arrived about 10 minutes later, we have her the payment card right away so we didn't sit there any longer than we had to. Still, it took her 15 minutes to return (from a still-not-busy restaurant) with the slip for me to sign. I mentioned that it took so long I thought she'd left to go shopping with my card and she snippily replied, "tempting!" over her shoulder at me as she practically ran away.

Obviously she got $0.00 for a tip and a note on the receipt so that she and the manager would know why.

1  Thank Susan H