...you have sturdy boots that would be comfortable even when wet; and you have your own walking stick.
We wanted to hike the Narrows as early in the morning (for all the cool pictures, and the views and to beat the heat on a 110 degree day)
Unfortunately we decided to eat first (See review for Oscar's Cafe), so by the time we got here thinking that we could just rent equipment, it was 8:45 and they closed at 9.
So they took our reservation down for 8 PM. A reservation to:
1. View a 20 minute video on low impact hiking, the dangers in the narrows and other tips and etiquette related information
2. Get first dibs at trying out the shoes, paying and getting out of there.
So, we did not get to be on the river at 7:30 AM as I hoped, but after paying for the gear, taking the shuttle in and hiking to the river, it was almost 9:30 AM... but I digress.
ZAC staff: One of the guys working there was our host from Oscar's! Strangely he remembered what we ordered!
The (pregnant) lady from Maine who helped us 15 minutes before closing the night before was really helpful. The staff in the morning was rushed, so it was a while before I was able to get a higher sized pair of shoes.
Checkout was easy... so was the return.
The video presentation was crisp, to the point and even funny at times.
So, who is this place for:
1. They rent tubes for tubing,
2. They rent gear for the Narrows hikes if you don't have your own gear. I was naive thinking that my paddling shoes would get me through the narrows. I'm glad I rented the shoes.
3. Any outdoor gear that you want (but don't want to buy): dry bags, etc.
4. And of course... the TShirts!