“Narrows Hikers stop here unless...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zion Adventure Company

Zion Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Zion's Premier Adventure Outfitter and Guide Service • Narrows Rentals • Guided Canyoneering, Climbing, Biking and 4x4 Jeep Tours • River Tubing • Trailhead Shuttle Service. We have fun adventures available for all ages and abilities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Narrows Hikers stop here unless...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

...you have sturdy boots that would be comfortable even when wet; and you have your own walking stick.
We wanted to hike the Narrows as early in the morning (for all the cool pictures, and the views and to beat the heat on a 110 degree day)
Unfortunately we decided to eat first (See review for Oscar's Cafe), so by the time we got here thinking that we could just rent equipment, it was 8:45 and they closed at 9.
So they took our reservation down for 8 PM. A reservation to:
1. View a 20 minute video on low impact hiking, the dangers in the narrows and other tips and etiquette related information
2. Get first dibs at trying out the shoes, paying and getting out of there.
So, we did not get to be on the river at 7:30 AM as I hoped, but after paying for the gear, taking the shuttle in and hiking to the river, it was almost 9:30 AM... but I digress.
ZAC staff: One of the guys working there was our host from Oscar's! Strangely he remembered what we ordered!
The (pregnant) lady from Maine who helped us 15 minutes before closing the night before was really helpful. The staff in the morning was rushed, so it was a while before I was able to get a higher sized pair of shoes.
Checkout was easy... so was the return.
The video presentation was crisp, to the point and even funny at times.
So, who is this place for:
1. They rent tubes for tubing,
2. They rent gear for the Narrows hikes if you don't have your own gear. I was naive thinking that my paddling shoes would get me through the narrows. I'm glad I rented the shoes.
3. Any outdoor gear that you want (but don't want to buy): dry bags, etc.
4. And of course... the TShirts!

1 Thank John D

folsom ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Made the narrows a breeze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2007

We wanted to hike The Narrows in Zion, so we began our trek in sandals. This, however, turned out to be a slow-moving and awkward task. We noticed that many of the hikers had special shoes and sticks, so we inquired as to where they got them and they informed us about the Zion Adventure Co. We stopped by and were able to make reservations the night before which was really great. When we arrived for our reservations, we got to watch a video that told us about canyon hiking and other things to expect. We also learned that one can do a top-down hike of the narrows which we want to try someday.
The staff were very helpful and were able to move us through quickly even though there was a big group in the store at the time. The boots were sturdy and the socks kept our feet warm in the river. But I think the walking stick was the deal sealer... it made balancing on river rocks so much easier.
We were able to hike in the narrows all day thanks to our gear, and it was definitely the grand finale to our honeymoon in Southern Utah. I would recommend this outfitter to anyone looking to adventure in the area.

2 Thank rainbow_rider
Nashville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Canyoneering was great...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2006

If you want to see beautiful slot canyons requiring hiking and rappelling, then Zion Adventures is the place to go when you're at Zion Park. The team there is truly outstanding - nice people with serious technical skills and a high regard for safety. The canyons that they have identified are spectacular, the equipment is first-class and they will have you doing things that you thought were not possible in a way that is comfortable for you.

Jeff Gould
Nashville, TN

2 Thank Hikeandbike
Schwenksville, PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Family Adventure Day - Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2006

We did the Family Adventure Day on July 5, 2006. We had a great time. The first hike is bit taxing and I’ll be honest I thought at least one child might “chicken out” and I would be hiking back down the canyon, but our guide Scott was very informative and patient. He was an excellent instructor and my daughters (age 10 and 11) were able to repel for the FIRST time. The pace and number of repels are tailored for your family. It was FANTASTIC!

4 Thank SchwenksvillePA
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Helpfull and Positive--exemplary experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2005

The staff and instructors at zion adventures are amazing. The store staff are very friendly and helpul.

We also took a basic canyoneering course and cannot say enough good things about the program. The canyons you go through during a course are nothing short of amazing. The quality of the program's instruction is among the highest I've seen out of a number of instructional experiences I've had (including NOLS, Exum, and the Wilderness Medical Associates).

If you would like to try your hand at canyoneering or just need some equipment or advice for your visit to Zion, I strongly recomend the folks and services at ZAC

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member