“Stop here before you BEGIN exploring Zion”

Zion Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Zion's Premier Adventure Outfitter and Guide Service • Narrows Rentals • Bike Rentals • Guided Canyoneering, Climbing, Biking, Backpacking, Caving • Trailhead Shuttle Service. We have fun adventures available for all ages and abilities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Although my husband didn't think it was necessary to rent canyoneering shoes (and neoprene booties and walking stick) to hike the Narrows (20 years ago he did it with his kids and they all wore sneakers), he was singing a different tune after our 8 hour hike.
We LOVED having the shoes, booties and walking stick-it really made a difference. Many others couldn't hack going the full distance (bottom up) to explore this canyon. My feet were warm at the beginning of the day and they felt great at the end of the day, no pinched toes or turned ankles!
Also, this place makes you watch a short film to educate you on this hike, before you go-which is a good idea,
AND, they have a handy map of the narrows with landmarks to help you gage your location (and distance covered).
AND they have brochure that compares the most popular rails in Zion, which is helpful in making decisions.

1  Thank Ooctavia

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My son and I were lucky enough to have Bailey as our guide for a 1/2 day canyoneering adventure. It was amazing how well she explained the gear and the process. After a nervous first descent, my son was eagerly rappelling the rest of the tour. She had a gift for knowing when to let us lead and when to push us a little. Her knowledge of the area was a plus and we highly recommend this tour for other like-minded adventurous beginners. Thanks Bailey!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Tubing was a lot of fun. The water level was low so we had to pull the tube over larger rocks but we had a blast! One downfall was the burn on my skin where it rubbed on the tube! Ouch!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The rental place is conveniently located right outside Zion National Park. It has everything you need for hiking the Narrows (river hiking), tubing and other activities like rock climbing and canyoneering. Also great place for classes, guides. Staff is friendly, patient and helpful.

If you rent the tubes, best to make a reservation since there are a limited number. The company is good about informing people of water levels. We went in June so levels were low which meant it was a rocky and bumpy ride down the river. My husband and I got stuck a lot. Our boys ages 11 and 14 loved it. They embraced the rocky ride and we ended up calling the activity "bumper tubes." The company provides a free shuttle back to the shop.

We also rented boots and sticks for the Narrows the night before our river hike. I recommend doing that to save time.

Next time we'd like to sign up the kids for a canyoneering class.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

After my family's flight was delayed to Las Vegas by 6 hours I knew we were going to be in Springdale at 8:15PM instead of 2:15PM as planned. The Zion Adventure company closes at 8PM so I knew our planned early morning Zion Narrows hike was going to be delayed. We really wanted to be on the trail at 7:30AM to 8AM to avoid the huge crowds. We called the Zion Adventures at 6PM while on the road and explained what happened. Their friendly staff agreed to stay after hours and help my family get fitted quickly with the Narrows hiking package. We arrived at 8:15PM and the staff was so friendly and helped us fit our canyoneering shoes. What awesome service and I am so appreciative of what they did to make our first day of hiking the Narrows a fantastic experience. I highly recommend using Zion Adventure company and of course hiking the Narrows using their Narrows package. The grip shoes, neoprene socks, and walking stick were absolutely needed to enjoy our 8 miles of hiking the Narrows. Thank you!