“Adventure is their middle name!”

Zion Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Zion's Premier Adventure Outfitter and Guide Service • Narrows Rentals • Bike Rentals • Guided Canyoneering, Climbing, Biking, Backpacking, Caving • Trailhead Shuttle Service. We have fun adventures available for all ages and abilities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A few years ago, our scouting group used ZAC for canyoneering and had a blast! Fast forward six years and they're back again for another adventure!

This is the go-to place in Springdale. They offer a large selection of equipment rentals and the friendly staff readily answers questions and provide tips for selecting the proper boot, shoe, and pole size for the Narrows hike. Recommend watching the short video for safety and visual aids. With the right gear, no twisted ankles or slips, just a fun time hiking the Virgin River!

Would also like to put a good word from the backpackers. ZAC provided the shuttle service and equipment for the top-down 16-mile hike through the Narrows. Photo bugs, be sure to rent the waterproof camera bag as it saved a number of cameras....and the memories!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you had told me that travelling down a river in a big rubber ring would be a highlight of my holiday I would have laughed in yor face. As it was I have not laughed as much in ages it was brilliant even when I fell in and my tube went off without me. The staff were really enthusiastic it was such good value lasting two hours. Tip you will get wet so just wear a swim suit and t shirt plus make sure you lather the sun tan lotion on our party had some red knees

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff here knows what they are talking about. We had about 50% of the gear we needed for the Subway and was able to rent all the random little things from them. Slightly pricey I would say, but definitely cheaper than buying it all on your own for 1 hike.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was GREAT! We got all the information we would need to safely hike here from their very detailed website. Because we were hiking in July (during the monsoon season), we wanted to know everything we should expect and how to be prepared. We were able to get many things ahead of our 4 day trip and the $21 rental package (which included the shoes, socks, stick & orientation of the hike). These are not you regular hiking boots & socks, but ones specially made for hiking thru water and on slippery rocks. And it is nearly impossible to hike this trail without the wood hiking pole they provided. Regular hiking poles will NOT work here (we saw a LOT of BENT ones). Everyone was very helpful at answering questions about everything from the best times to go and how long the hike is to the minute-to-minute weather expectations for the day. I wouldn't hike the Narrows without them! You can check out their website for more information: http://www.zionadventures.com
PLAN on being out there a lot longer that you've planned on and take plenty of breaks. We had hoped to do another hike the next day, but I couldn't even move for 2 days afterwards! And we are experienced hikers! I'm glad we did this hike though, it was just amazing! Good luck and have fun!

1  Thank DebArtist
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We spent 23 days touring all the famous western sites, and we still say Zion Adventure Company was one of our top days (it was the #1 event for our 10 year old son). Really a great day of family fun. The staff was fun and professional and on time. Mike was a great guide, and really did well with our kids. Worth every penny and a full day of vacation. They even took pictures for us and gave them to us!