“Great service”

Zion Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Zion's Premier Adventure Outfitter and Guide Service • Narrows Rentals • Guided Canyoneering, Climbing, Biking and 4x4 Jeep Tours • River Tubing • Trailhead Shuttle Service. We have fun adventures available for all ages and abilities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Columbus, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We used Zion Adventure for Narrows Hiking Gear and for a half day canyoneering trip. We were very pleased with both. We reserved the Narrows Hiking gear ahead of time and it was ready for us at the store. We saw a helpful short video and they answered all our questions about the hike and how to spend our time in Zion. We also did a half day canyoneering trip with Hank. He was incredibly good with my ADHD son and my teenage moody 16 year old, plus all the fears and concerns of their parents. :)
The half day canyoneering trip was excellent and I highly recommend it. The narrows hike was also amazing. I was very glad that I booked everything through Zion Adventures.

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Went mountain biking with Zion Adventure Company -- had a wonderful morning! Great bikes and beautiful scenery, on BLM lands just outside Zion Canyon.

Our guide, Sarah, was excellent. She offered us two trails, helped select the right one (JEM trail), taught us the basics of mountain biking, set the proper pace, and led us through 14 beautiful miles. She set us up to hike the Narrows that afternoon and gave us invaluable advice for hiking Bryce Canyon the next day.

Greensboro
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Professional Outfitters for Zion NP and the Area”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We rented equipment from Zion Adventure Company to do "the Narrows" canyon hike. We went in by 7 pm and heard a brief talk about the hike and how to be prudent about the hike which is a fabulous, strenuous walk through canyons in the Virgin River in Zion NP. We then were fitted for boots, neoprene socks and walking sticks. Do NOT attempt the hike without good equipment and the thoughtful orientation by the ZAC staff.

Chicago, IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best outfitter for Zion & The Narrows”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Like so many others, my wife and I went to Zion Adventure Company to equip ourselves for hiking "The Narrows". For $35 each they outfitted us with everything we needed (water pants, shoes & socks and also a sturdy hiking stick). I wouldn't recommend skipping any of these items or using items of lesser quality. Once in “The Narrows” we saw quite a few hikers who were unable to enjoy or complete their hikes because they were ill-equipped.

We also appreciated all the friendly assistance provided by the staff @ Zion Adventure Company. They showed us a slide presentation which told us what to expect and answered all our questions with patience & enthusiasm even though they'd heard them all a thousand times before. Be sure to reserve your equipment with them several days in advance of your hike, they do run out of it.

Hiking “The Narrows” was truly the experience of a lifetime. We’re so glad we did it and did it right.

Visited October 2010
1 Thank ez2be
huntington beach
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Tubing is fun as long as you know a few details”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have done tubing twice so my review on Zion Adventure Company deals only with the tubing. Here are a few things you need to know to make sure tubing is a fun experience.

1) You walk about 3 minutes from their shop to the river. During the crowded time in Zion (July and August), you will go down the river with about a group of 15 to 20 people.

2) There is no guide but you don't need one. The river is fairly shallow in most areas and it is a nice gentle flow in most places but there are a few places where you get some rapids but nothing very dangerous.

3) When you finish the tubing, the shuttle picks you up. However, if you don't stay with the group and you fall way behind....i can see how people could be left behind if you don't keep up with the group....too many people to keep track of. However, you are not in the middle of nowhere so you could call them or wait for them to pick you up when the next group goes down the river.

4) Most of the workers at Zion Adventure Company are nice and helpful but with my two times that i have dealt with them, I have been witnessed some bad customer service with certain individuals.The first time i did the tubing, my 6 year old daughter was too scared to go down the river so we just played a little bit and walked back to the shop to return the tubes. The guy at the register did not ask anything about what was wrong and why we did not go down the river. He didn't even ask about giving a discount . That happened a year ago. This time, the guy in charge of the tubing was nice but just seemed bored with the job. When he drove us all back to the shop after we were done with the tubing, he asked if we all would be so kind and pick up one or more tubes out of the trailer and return them to the back of the shop. I did it because i wanted to be helpful but i kind of felt that he was wanting us to do his job for him.

5) The second time i did the tubing, i went with my 12 year old nephew....we had a blast and wanted to do it again the next day. For 15 dollars per ride, i think that is a great deal.

1 Thank dilly4j