“Awfull”

Terrace Brook Lodge
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
“Awfull”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Offering a room for 160$, saying it was the only vacant. In the evening the vacant sign was on, showing that he did not tell the truth. WiFi did never work. Room was aweful, eletricity in part dangerous. Breakfast was a joke in a room much too small. Forget it.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Reinhardinamerika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place definetely lacks on details. The pool chairs were bronken, the paitings in the bedroom were crooked, the toilet seat cover wasn't screwed on, etc... however, if you are going to Zions and is going to spend all day outdoors and just need a confortable bed to sleep and a shower, this place is not bad for the price and location. The bed was confortable, the bedroom was clean and they had ac and free wi-fi. Again, just remember that if you are going to Zions, you really are not going to spend much time in a hotel. I was looking for an affordable place with a pool, close to the park. This was it. Definetely not suitable for a romantic getaway, but for a family or friends trying to have fun on the cheap, it's not bad.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jubisvs
Eureka, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The back three bedroom cottage was aweful! Cockroaches, strong sewer smell in living room after using the showers, no ventilation over gas stove, smoke detectors not working, 2 of the 3 televisions were not working, numerous broken hinges on kitchen cupboards and bathroom window, and lamp switches broken. I would never recommend this to anyone!!! Run now and find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Double check resources, i.e. Local Chamber of Commerce
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Susan H

Travelers are raving about these Springdale hotels

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is indeed a tired old hotel and I would agree with some other reviewers that this in itself is not necessarily a problem. On the plus side the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The wifi was also good. The downside was the couple who own this hotel who do seem to have difficulty communicating in a civil tone and certainly did nothing to make us feel welcome. In fact the man seemed to have a view that we would be trying to avoid payment even though the rooms had to be paid for in advance at registration. Having signed my credit card authorisation he then proceeded to write out details of my driving licence and credit card on the reverse of the authorisation and making me sign that too!
There are plenty of other similar priced hotels in this area - my advice choose anything over this and avoid at all costs - there is no excuse for rudeness and poor customer service!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Von1956
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friends and I were driving around Springdale looking for a place to spend the night and shower after 4 days of back country hiking. We stopped at Terrance Brooks and found it to be a good deal. Terrance showed my friend and I the room we would be staying in (not too often you get to see your room before you decide to book it). We then went back to the office and did some paperwork and computer work. Terrance told us "NO SMOKING!" I told him we don't smoke. Then he said "NO PETS!" I reassured him we had no animals. Then he relaxed and welcomed us to his lovely Lodge. He told us about the breakfast from 7-9am every morning...fruit loops, bagels and papadum (MY FAVORITE!). Mr. Brooks and I chatted for a while about Zion and the various hikes. He told me to go get clean because we all reeked after our 4 days of hiking. We left our room in shambles, dirt and dust and sand and grime everywhere, but Terrance was so understanding. "As long as you know there is NO SMOKING," he told us. I'll always remember his words, and our lovely stay at the Terrance Brooks Lodge.

Room Tip: please no smoking!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank michael i
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 14, 2013

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

The owner is a bully and has no customer service skills at all. First of all, it took a half hour to book, repeating the spelling of the name. Then took another 15 min to confirm the reservation at the day of since we would be arriving late, repeating the spelling and intent of the call over and over.

Our shower was barely dripping water so we went to the office after dinner to let him know. He came strutting to our shower, turned it on and said "it's working". We said it's not good enough and not acceptable. We said we would like compensation. He started laughing hysterically and said "Compensation?? do you know how much is your rate??" We paid $121+tax so it's not cheap and he did not tell us that the rate was for not working shower. He also said that we should have told him this morning, not at night. That we could leave tomorrow morning and he would give us $10 back. We already paid for 3 nights. My friend pointed out that he had poor customer service skills and if he was aware of yelp, fb, trip advisor. He started pointing finger and yelling at her for black mailing him. I don't think he knows the definition of black mailing. My friend said that the conversation was over, was late and that he needed to leave the room now. He got so irate that she told him to leave. We could hear his wife in the background saying something. My friend almost called the police on him in his own motel if he continued.

My other friend unscrewed the shower head to get more water to take a shower that night. The next day when we got back from the park, the key did not work. We had to get him to open the door. He came strutting with his nose up, gave my "black mailer" friend a stink eye as he passed and opened the door. He motioned my other friend to come follow him to the shower. The shower had been fixed but he accused that one of us broke the shower head. My friend tried to explain that he only unscrewed the head to get more water but he wasn't listening. He kept on saying "you broke it!"

His wife also gave us the stink eyes as she passed that afternoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Angelina K
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here in lieu of camping in a tent. I should have opted for the tent.

Check-in was odd. The manager and a guest were having a debate about pricing. After waiting several minutes, he interrupted the debate to check me in. Even though I assured him that I did not smoke, he repeatedly warned me against smoking in the room.

There was a worn-out chair sitting in front of my room. Not to be outdone, every room had a worn-out chair in front of it.

Beds were clean, but flimsy. The sink drained slowly and had stains in it. The bathroom had one bare bulb and a wobbly toilet. The sound insulation between rooms is nonexistent. I could hear every word of the conversation in the adjoining room. Thankfully, it was in some eastern European dialect.

The next morning, I took one look at the breakfast offering and skipped it.

This place did receive a personal distinction -- it is, by far, the worst place I have stayed in recent memory.

Room Tip: Find a campsite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo