I stayed here in lieu of camping in a tent. I should have opted for the tent.
Check-in was odd. The manager and a guest were having a debate about pricing. After waiting several minutes, he interrupted the debate to check me in. Even though I assured him that I did not smoke, he repeatedly warned me against smoking in the room.
There was a worn-out chair sitting in front of my room. Not to be outdone, every room had a worn-out chair in front of it.
Beds were clean, but flimsy. The sink drained slowly and had stains in it. The bathroom had one bare bulb and a wobbly toilet. The sound insulation between rooms is nonexistent. I could hear every word of the conversation in the adjoining room. Thankfully, it was in some eastern European dialect.
The next morning, I took one look at the breakfast offering and skipped it.
This place did receive a personal distinction -- it is, by far, the worst place I have stayed in recent memory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Brook Lodge, Utah is located only one mile from the south entrance to Zion National Park on Highway SR9. The beautiful setting of the Lodge offers a park-like atmosphere and panoramic views of Zion Canyon. The Lodge is with easy driving distance to mountain skiing, Las Vegas gaming, year-round golfing, water skiing and some of the most spectacular geological attractions in the world. Make Terrace Brook Lodge your home base to see Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, North Rim Grand Canyon and Lake Powell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Terrace Brook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Brook Hotel Springdale
- Terrace Brook Motel
- Terrace Brook Lodge Springdale, Utah