“Great Family Destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Family Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2006

Our family recently spent three nights at the Quality Inn at Zion Park. We occupied 13 rooms, all of which were large and very clean. We were treated with courtesy and respect by the staff, who even called me by my first name. The breakfast offered great choices including waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, varied cereals and much more. We enjoyed the pool and the fenced playground was perfect for our smaller children. We had the use of a large meeting room for visiting and game playing. We had a great stay.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
West Midlands, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

I've finally got round to writing a review for the quality inn at zion, as I felt it needed a bit of defence after some of the reviews I've read on tripadvisor!

My husband and I stayed here last May in a mountain view room with patio. I felt it was well worth the extra few dollars per night as we had a lovely view and sat out on the patio drinking a couple of beers we bought in the handy little shop attached to the hotel/RV park.

The room was large, clean, with a good bathroom, microwave and fridge. This isn't a luxury hotel (which I think is fairly reflected in the price compared to other hotels in Springdale), but it has a great location, near to the edge of Zion park and across the road from a nice restaurant (I think it was called The Spotted Dog). I recommend booking one of the outside tables with the great view of the mountains as the sun sets - absolutely the most magical meal we had all vacation.

The RV park attached to the hotel didn't cause us any bother at all.

I would say that the swimming pool was very small, but we didn't feel the need to go in it when we were there. If a pool is very important to you though, this might be something to consider.

The breakfast was fine - the breakfast room is certainly basic and small but the homemade waffles we had were very nice.

If you want luxury and all the trimmings don't stay here. If you are happy with clean rooms, a comfy bed and a wonderful location at a reasonable price then go for it - but really do consider paying the extra for a superior mountain view room.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank KayJay20
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2006

Located just outside the entrance to Zion National Park, the Quality Inn is one of the first hotels outside the park on the west side. I shopped hotel pricesin Springdale (the town outside the park), and the Quality Inn had the best rate from a chain. I didn't realize it when I made the reservation, but the hotel also has an RV campground on the premises. When I arrived at the hotel, I was concerned that the RV park could be a problem. Fortunately, it was not.

We stayed on the second floor of the main building. There is a sitting area outside the second floor rooms that overlooks the pool. We sat here to unwind at the end of the day, watching visitors come and go. Despite the activity of large vehicles and motorcycles, the noise was not a bother.

The room was clean and quiet. The lobby and convenience store looked good. The lobby appears to have been recently renovated.

Breakfast was included with the room. I do not pick hotels because of the free breakfast because the American idea of a Continental breakfast (toast and cereal usually) is not what I consider much of a breakfast. However, this hotel had quit a variety of items including biscuits and gravy, and waffles. The breakfast room was very small and filled quickly, and it was not as clean as I would have liked. While the lobby looked great, the breakfast room needs attention.

The staff was friendly and courteous, and offered several ideas for dinner in town, which is an easy walk down the street. The town itself does not offer much beyond little craft shops of mediocre (at best) items. The Park is obviously the star of the area.

I think that the room rate I paid (about US$92 total) was a little high for the value received, but it was the least expensive of any chain hotel in town. I would stay here again. (CS)

• Stayed April 2006
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank TravelerChriss
Eagle, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2006

April 23, 2006

Zion and Bryce are breathtaking, Springdale is quaint and laid back. The Quality Inn and RV park may be good for the RV traveler but thee owners should not be in the hotel business.
The front lobby was adorned with air conditioners and TV's in boxes for the fourdays we were in their company.
A warm and welcome greeting may be found at other establishments but not here. In fact for the continental breakfast be sure to respond to the armed marshals making sure no additional memebers are in your party than you have registered. And by no means take food out of the 12x18 room where you will get to know everyone. An elderly gentleman attempted to take breakfast to his bride whom was not feeling well and was denied his request. The repsonse " I do not make the rules, I just enforce them" Hospitality at it best !!!!
If you book on line, bring your confirmation I charged the wrong rate. Thank you to AMX help.

Bottom Line: If you want just a bed and a very, very, medicore Cont. Breakfast and no
hospitality. This is your place.

Other Inns for consideration Cliff Side Inn, The Desert Pearl Inn, and Flanigans

Coffee: Be sure to visit the Mean Bean best local flavor in town.

Dining: Really can't go wrong at any restaurant in town. Check your prices. Flanigans is on the high end but well worth it.

4 Thank Hopman_333
utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2006

I would not stay at this hotel again. The staff was rude, rooms were small and noisy, and the breakfast was minimal and unappetizing. Very poor value for the price

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank E3849JWstephaniem
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

We stayed here during a two day visit to Zion. Zion is an outstanding park, and the town of Springdale is an alternative to staying inside the park. There are decent local restaurants withing walking distance from this hotel.
The hotel was hard to spot becasue the sign outside was more for the connected RV park, but we found it after driving past it once.
The attached RV park and campground were a little annoying. There appeared to be a summer camp of 40 or more kids running around and yelling when we arrived. I felt sorry for them because it was close to 100 degrees and they were confined to the fenced in camping area.
This appeared to be a family run business. The staff was friendly enough, but did not seem totally organized. The lobby has a small retail shop attached, which made it convenient to pick up a few needed items.
The corridor that our room was in had a strong smell. I couldn't place it, but it may have been some kind of ethnic food. I did not smell it in the room.
The room was average to large size and was clean. The bathroom was very clean, and had very little wear and tear. My wife and I were especially impressed with this.
The room's air conditioner worked well, and we had a nice view out the window.
The pool was small and got crowded with a lot of the RV guests using it, but it looked clean and well maintained.
We were there during the week before Memorial Day. I don't remember whether the hotel was near capacity, but we did not notice any noise from neighboring rooms as other reviewers have commented about. That may be because we spent our days hiking and were too tired to notice.
We did not eat breakfast at the hotel.
We had a good experience at this Quality Inn. I felt it was competitively priced versus the other national chains in town, and I felt like I was in a safe, clean environment. I hope to visit Zion again, and if I do I would not have a problem staying here.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HikeLover
Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2006

We stayed at the Quality Inn during the off season- I think we had the place to ourselves. A very clean room with updated decor- a thermostat would have been nice rather than manually operating the temperature. Although they were doing some serious remodeling in the lobby, we were able to grab some basic breakfast items, amidst the boxes and drywall! But you just can't beat the off-season price.

3 Thank keprov01