“Great day with Red Desert Adventure”

Red Desert Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure guide service for the Zion National Park and Southern Utah areas. Canyoneering, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Family Adventure, and Instructional Courses.We provide experienced guides at competitive rates.
Mahwah, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day with Red Desert Adventure”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I had really a great day of rappel and canyoneering with Jeremy from Red Desert Adventure.
We asked for serious adventure and Jeremy accommodated us greatly with that.
Yes, it was serious and but he made it extremely professional and safe.
Great day of adventure with nice bonuses of excellent views on our way back.
Thank you Jeremy, Tacy & Red Desert Adventure. Great job!!!

1 Thank hiking4adventures

sioux city, iowa
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Adventure - No Experience Required”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Despite discomfort with heights and no previous experience, my husband and I had a great day of adventure. Jefe was our guide. He was knowledgeable. He adapted our experience based on his observations and gave options along the way. He was safety conscious, but had an easy going demeanor. He remained chill despite some unexpected changes with the canyon, post rain effect. He obviously loves what he does and his passion was contagious. We were feeling like pros in no time.

1 Thank loesshawk
Ferndown, Dorset
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Best day of the trip!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

With the national parks closed due to the Government Shutdown, we were very happy to hear that the full day Canyoneering was going to go ahead! Joe picked us up on time and took us for a quick drive to the first of two sites. The first was a an open gorge, where he talked us through the safety equipment that we were going to be using, and what we had to do, having only abseiled once before. The second area was a sandstone canyon, which was much smoother and tighter to get around. I lost count of the number of rappels that we did during the day, and even when we thought we were finished, he said, "how about one more" and took us to another section of the sandstone canyon, with an amazing view for us to enjoy whilst he got set up! Exceptional service - we even had a lift after the first canyon back to the car - Thanks Tacy! A great time, we would love to come back and enjoy another day out in the canyons. Highly Recommended!!!

1 Thank Gecko7980
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lambs Knoll”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter and her 4 girls did Lambs Knoll with Eric Draper. The youngest granddaughter is 3 years old. I thought my daughter was a little crazy taking her daughters down this canyon !!!!
Eric handled everything extremely well. He told each child that if they did not want to do the repel that was fine, and someone would walk them back down. All of them DID the repel but Eric took 3 of my granddaughters down tandem. I felt assured of their safety at all times. The trip took us about 3.5 hours and is on of the great adventures of my life.

PS. Lamb Knoll is just outside of Zion’s canyon and the park was shut-down due to the incompetence of Congress.

1 Thank David D
Burlington, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Red Desert Adventures - A must do !”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in Zion NP first week of Oct 2013, and booked a guided canyoneering trip with Red Desert Adventures. For the 2 months previous to my trip, Tacy was very prompt, patient and helpful with my numerous questions, and booking the trip. I was impressed to say the least. Then the parks were closed ! And again, Tacy was very helpful with suggestions, and offering to do a last minute trip if I so desired. Excellent customer service. And the canyoneering day is one I will never forget. Dan was my guide, and he was extremely personable, professional, knowledgeable and loads of fun ! He was patient with my much needed breaks on the hike up to the canyon top. Dan was excellent, I felt safe the entire time. Our course was varied and I felt a lot of different techniques were learned that day. He even shared one of his 3 water bottles with me, since I forgot to bring mine ! Plus, he took great phtos so you can remember that day! Such a well-rounded guide. Canyoneering with Dan and Red Desert makes me want to continue canyoneering again and again. I'll just have to return to Zion, don't think I'll find any canyons in Canada !

1 Thank Tanis S