“Highlight of our trip to Zion”

Red Desert Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure guide service for the Zion National Park and Southern Utah areas. Canyoneering, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Family Adventure, and Instructional Courses.We provide experienced guides at competitive rates.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family of 6 booked the half day canyoneering trip with Red Desert. Eric was our guide and was very nice and full of information about the area. He was also patient with me, as I am a bit of a clutz and somewhat afraid of heights. Everyone in my family wants to go back and do a full day trip . Even if you are afraid of heights you might want to give this a try as is feels very safe with Eric there to help you down. Highly recommended.!

2  Thank loyalgamgee

Reviewed October 6, 2012

When I booked my canyoneering day with Red Desert, I explained the kind of experience I was hoping for, and boy did they deliver - I wouldn't have changed a thing! At age 59, this was a "Bucket List" trip for me, and Eric was the perfect guide. His knowledge and experience made me feel totally safe, able to trust that I could walk backwards off that ledge and it would be OK. Looking back, I can't believe some of the places we went, some of the rappels and downclimbs I did. Such an exhilarating feeling of accomplishment! And since Eric is a skilled photographer (and knew more about the operation of my new camera than I did), He made sure I went home with some fantastic photos.

There are several companies that guide in the Zion area, but I can't even imagine considering any other. When I booked my trip, I told Red Desert that I didn't want to be part of a canyoneering superhighway, waiting in line behind other groups to do a rappel. Well, Eric took me thru a series of canyons with breath-taking scenery, and we never saw another person the whole day - exactly what I had hoped for!

To anyone considering canyoneering, go with Red Desert, I know you'll have an awesome experience. As for me, I can't wait to go back - there are so many more canyons to explore!

4  Thank Karrol B
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The three of us, all mid-fiftyish, had a great adventure with our guide Eric. It had been quite a while since we had done any rappeling much less "groveling" (Eric's term) our way through slot canyons. We down climbed and rappeled and even got wet and smelly! The 150 foot rappel raised our pulse rate a bit...

1  Thank MauiSpeakerMan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Greatest part of our trip to Utah was the canyoneering trip with Red Desert Adventure. Make no mistake I am the biggest chicken when it comes to heights but our guide Zack was great! He got me over the edge and now I am hooked. You really can do this! Trip was fun, exciting, and safe. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

the good thing about life is that you always have a choice....You just have to choose the right thing! Thats what we did!!!! Red Desert Adventure is the right choice. And we choose it 2 times in a row!!!! Our canyoneering guide Eric is a real nice guy and you can feel his experience...Before we did already 2 canyoneering tours we enjoyed, but the time with Eric was awsome!!!! Always a safe feeling (especially for beginners), excellent service and a real adventure. No faking, no fouling! We will do it again....addicted! Thor & Isa (Hamburg)

1  Thank Isabel M