“Holy Moly”

Red Desert Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure guide service for the Zion National Park and Southern Utah areas. Canyoneering, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Family Adventure, and Instructional Courses.We provide experienced guides at competitive rates.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I started our first day in Zion by doing a full day tour with Joe in Water Canyon. Wise choice. After a scenic drive to the canyon we completed an exhilarating climb to the top of the canyon to begin our descent. It was hard to concentrate on the trail while looking at the spectacular vistas on the ascent. The rappelling down the mountain was like the best roller coaster ride you've ever had. We were open for anything Joe could through at us and he delivered. Joe is careful to gear the hike to your abilities so everyone has a great time. Can't wait to return some day!

2  Thank vanivill
in 7 reviews
"feel safe"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2012

we did a half day canyoneering with the kids (16, 14, 10 y old). it was our first time, it was scary at first, but we enjoyed every minute of it, especially the repels!

2  Thank Mat_go_mat
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I only had a day for this trip, as we were in Vegas for a few days, so we booked a half day Canyoneering trip. I chose Red Desert Adventure based on the other reviews on here and I am happy that I did.

Our guide was Eric, who was awesome. He made our trip very fun, and was happy to take pictures of us along the way. I definitely recommend him. He definitely has the ability to tailor his trip to your abilities, as he gave us multiple options for traversing each obstacle that we encountered.

As well, the first person I spoke with, Tacy, was extremely helpful in trying to suggest options for me to plan our day trip.

Our trip was in the Dixie National forest, along a route called Yankee Doodle. We had a few rappels, a few downclimbs, and a zipline, all set by our guide. The canyon was beautiful, and the whole trip was an absolute blast. My only regret is that we didn't do a full day trip.

3  Thank ReadySetGo4
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Took my 2 boys age 9 and 17 on the full day canyoneering excursion. Our guide Dan was awesome! This was our first experience with repelling but Dan did a fantastic job keeping the trip fun and challenging for all of us. We started off with a 1000ft climb (hike) and then ended up doing 7 or 8 different repels ranging from 25-100 feet back to the canyon floor. This activity is no walk in the park but I would recommend this trip for kids that like the outdoors and are a little adventurous. My kids said this was the best thing we did on our 2 week trip to the southwest.

3  Thank Kevin S
See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked the full day canyoneering. I was apprehensive because we have not done anything like this before and we have only rock climbed in a gym. Our guide Dan was the best. He was patient and professional and made us feel very safe. It was a little scary for us but with Dan's help we all had a great time and were able to rappel with no problems. I would recommend the full day since with the drive and the hike into the canyon, you will get a better experience and more rappels. If this is the first time, I would bring gloves because the ropes get hot and wear five toe shoes or something like those since your sneakers will be ruined with the red sand and they get slippery with the sand packing into the grooves of the sneaker. I would not wear sneakers if I did this again. We are looking forward to coming back and having another adventure.

4  Thank aweiss00