“It will be hard to find a better pizza in the US”
Review of Flying Monkey

Flying Monkey
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Wood fired pizzas, pastas, burgers, sandwiches, salads, Largest beer selection in Springdale.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited the restaurant twice during my short stay in Springdale, on a canyoneering and hiking trip. Pizza is certainly not gourmet food, but for me it is always a good choice when I need something quick and tasty. It is difficult to be too disappointed by a pizza. Well, the "flying Monkey" pizzas were a real surprise for me. Being Italian, I found those pizzas much better than many I had in Italy, and certainly the best I had in the US. (I come to the US 4-5 times a year, since 30 years, so I have a good statistics.) It is done as it should, on firewood, slightly charred at the borders, soft and tender at the center. Toppings are your choice, but I prefer the traditional Italian/mediterranean ones, which I found very good. The quality of the bread is also remarkable. I will definitely stop there again on my yearly trips to my beloved Utah, and definitely recommend it to all pizza lovers.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Bought the pepperoni pizza...brick oven cooked. Loved it! Slightly greasy, but I may be a bit picky on that part.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

What does a Flying Monkey have to do with probably the best pizza in town? I had mine with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and extra cheese. I was expecting the pizza topped with a scattering of my selections and was pleasantly surprised when the pizza was placed in front of me heaping with a generous amount of my toppings of choice. It was a struggle and I had all I could handle in finishing only 5 of the 8 slices. Fortunately they gave me a box for the left-overs which I took back to our room. I finished my pizza the next evening as I could not bring myself to throw away anything so good!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We ordered two pizzas, the hawaiian one and the lasagna pizza. The hawaiian one was really soggy on the bottom, but still good. The lasagna pizza was great! Great place to take the kids; there is enough other noise in the room that their noise level didn't bother any other diners. Service was prompt and pizzas got out to us fairly quickly!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Poorly managed - customer service classes desperately needed. We inquired about our order several times and were told it was coming - then the waitress finally comes and says they have lost the order - Really!!! Walked out and would never go back!!

1  Thank wakeley12