“Pizza is delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Monkey

Flying Monkey
Ranked #12 of 40 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wood fired pizzas, pastas, burgers, sandwiches, salads, Largest beer selection in Springdale.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Pizza is delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The brick oven pepperoni pizza we had was perfectly greasy and so delicious! Easy to share with one person and a great price! I would say not to order the the buffalo chicken wonton things because although we ate them all, they were a bit doughy and I had to dip them in a lot of ranch to get more taste. Pizza though I'd definitely get again...and they also have a nutella dessert that was huge and really good.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
“Great pizza, so so service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Not super friendly, felt like we were more an inconvenience than a customer. Nothing really bad, just not good. We also were brought the bill before we had finished eating and they did not ask us if we wanted desert.

We had 2 pizzas. Mine was so good I told my wife I had to have ordered the better if the two. I tried hers and it was even better.

If the front of house had the same skills as Mr Pizza Maker they would be laughing. Dough spinning, wood fired brilliance. If they had a thinner crust option it would have been the best pizza ever.

Portland, OR
“Amazing Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

After hiking the zion narrows top down, we were tired and hungry. We stopped here for a pizza and beer and it was some of the best tasting pizza ever. It was so good we came back the next night and got the same thing!

Visited August 2012
New England
“Good pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are always on the lookout for good pizza (after living in NYC for years) and didn't really expect it in a tourist town, but we thought the pizza here was quite good. We had a few different kinds and both were very good with a nice crust and hearty, well-seasoned toppings. Would recommend.

Visited December 2012
camarillo, ca
“Great food; abyssmal service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really wanted to love a place with hand tossed, wood fired pizzas, and beers with names like 'polygamy porter' and 'first amendment lager'. The pizzas were good, and the unusual greek salad (no lettuce, just tomatoes and peppers) was delicious. The overall experience, however, was terrible. It took @ an hour to get our food on a Saturday night, and the waitresses took our order, and then weren't seen again until the food was slammed down. Then they disappeared, never to be seen again. I don't think we were unusually lucky, as I heard a pathetic cry from across the room, 'could we just please have our water refilled?"

I spoke to a local about this restaurant later, and they said it's recently been taken over by new management. That Sat. night, the restaurant ultimately had to close early because they ran out of tomato sauce. So maybe this is just management teething pains. The consensus at my table, though, was that, no matter how good the food, the experience was so bad no one wanted to return. If you really want a pizza, my advice is to order takeout: at least 45 minutes before you want it.

• Visited December 2012