“Still smiling from my rappelling trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zion Rock & Mountain Guides

Zion Rock & Mountain Guides
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Springdale
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Southern Utah adventure experts. Zion Rock and Mountain Guides offers "the most comprehensive guide service in Southern Utah". Whether climbing on rock, on ice, exploring incredible slot canyons, jeep tours, mountain biking or hiking the Zion National Park - Zion Narrows, we have an adventure for you. On your own or with one of our guides/instructors our staff can help you plan and achieve your outdoor adventure goals.
3 attraction reviews
“Still smiling from my rappelling trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Looking for something a little more adventurous during my stay at Red Mountain Resort, so I booked a rapelling tour. Having never rapelled before, it was my lucky day when Chad showed up from Zion Rock & Mountain Guides (RMR partners with them). Chad was knowledgeable, easy to talk to and challenged me to do more than I thought I could. Rappelling off a 150-foot cliff three times combined with challenging hikes back to the top made for an adrenaline-filled day.

Highly recommend this company and Chad as a guide.

• Indonesian first
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience and fantastic guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was by far one of the best things we did on our roadtrip through America. I cannot speak highly enough of our guide Chad who had excellent local knowledge and experience.

Visited September 2012
Edwards, Colorado
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bruce is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We rented gear and got a shuttle from Bruce, not only is he professional but has so much knowledge of the area it is incredible. We did Orderville Canyon and he gave us insider knowledge about how to work around one area. He really knows his stuff, the area and a lot about canyoneering. Awesome asset to the company.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Rock and Mountain Guides - Its all about their guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I landed in Zion, by myself, with no definite plans , it was a last minute trip ..Thank goodness I found Bruce and Melissa.. I called up the office- got their number from tripadvisor, after calling up a few other places .. At every other adventure store that I called, I was told that my only option was to pay 300$ and take a private guide's services if I wanted to see Zion/Bryce ..I call Rock and mountain guides and Melissa straight away told me - you dont really need a guide, you can do the narrows hike by yourself !.. that made me walk over to their store.. then Bruce came in after his shuttle run .. they offered me a shuttle ride to the narrows and back , so that I could do the hike myself ! It was truly a great hike and yes, I could do it by myself ! I then went on to a day trip to Bryce with Bruce. This was singularly the most fantastic experience of my life ! Bryce was amazing , and thanks to Bruce I was able to do it .. He was the most pleasant company I could have got hiking Bryce - he was a friendly, knowledgeable ( ha ha, the guy is a walking encyclopedia of the flora, fauna, geology of the rocks :) ) ..Being with Bruce as a guide, felt like I was hiking with a friend :) ..

Wish the company advertise more online and in the hotels nearby in zion- I would have missed them were it not for trip advisor
Manju

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best days of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked a full day canyoneering experience with ZRMG as my partner and I were passing through Utah on a west coast road trip through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah. This was by far and away the best thing we did on our entire 3 week journey.

It's impossible to speak more highly of our guide Chad. Even though I may have 'sprung' the experience on my less than active girlfriend, Chad maintained a pace that was both challenging and achievable for both of us.

We didn’t see a single person the entire day (a 30 minute wild drive). It was an incredible place, far from the crowds.

All I would say is ask for Chad if you want an experience guide, skilled in climbing but also with an individual character. It’s an experience we’ll never forget, impossible to recommend more highly.

Visited September 2012