“Best for RV's.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springdale
Zion Canyon Campground
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I wish we would have pitched our tent in the Zion NPark as it is more scenic, has much better bathrooms, the deer walk right by, and the park system needs the money. The campground isn't too bad, but it is basically a parking lot that backs up to the virgin river. The ground under your tent is part gravel and it is very busy. Both places have showers, but this place has a burger joint on site.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Zion Canyon Campground

Reviewed August 19, 2009

Ok, so I was worried after reading all these reviews. But this place was pretty much the only option we had, seeing as we were arriving at Zion in the afternoon on a weekend and all the in-park reservable campsites were taken by the time we planned our trip.

As long as you are aware of these things before you stay, you'll be fine. The campsites are TINY (just enough room for you, car, fire, and picnic table). The shower coins came with the campsite and seemed only to make the water hot, so you could take a cold shower any time if you wanted. The toilets themselves were somewhat dirty at times, but the bathrooms were ok.

Pluses: we really enjoyed the pool. The location was great because we were within walking distance of the good restaurants and the free shuttle. We left our tent and car there during the day (valuables locked in truck, bikes chained to truck bed) and nothing was taken or moved. The people on either side of us were friendly.

*My "yes I would recommend to a friend" rating would be if they said: "We want to visit Zion but we don't want to spend the money on a hotel and all the in-park reservable campsites are full and we wont be arriving until the afternoon. And we are used to roughing it."

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flygurl814
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I agree with the other reviewers. This place only survives because it´s the only place with full hookups in Springdale. It has the potential to become a lovely RV-park, but I think it would require a change of ownership.

Everthing looks dirty and run-down, and the showers and restrooms are terrible. The staff are very unfriendly, almost like they would prefer to run the place without guests...

The location however, is very nice. Walking distance to dining places, and the Springdale city-shuttle stops right at the entrance.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We decided to stay at this campground rather than in Zion NP itself because it was very hot and we wanted to have hookups so we could use our A/C at night. I called the reservation number from the road and was told they don't take reservations, everything is first come-first served. We took a chance and arrived around 3 p.m. and were able to get a spot. This is odd because the sheet you are given at check-in has both the email address and the phone number for reservations We were charged $35 a night plus tax which included full 3 way hookups, cable TV and WIFI. Considering the proximity to the park and the shuttle bus, we didn't think the price was unusually high.

As noted in other reviews, the bathrooms could be cleaner. My husband used the shower one day and said the token gave him more than adequate time. I prefer to use the bathroom in our RV so communal bathrooms are not an issue for me. There was an outside sink for tenters to wash dishes in which we noticed isn't always provided in other campgrounds. The grounds were clean and the trash dumpsters were emptied regularly.

We didn't find the place particularly noisy at night. It's also within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. There is a small swimming pool for Quality Inn and campground guests and access to the Virgin River for tubing etc. There is also a laundry which we didn't check out. There was no need to sit in the lobby to use the WIFI.
We were able to access the free WIFI from our RV which was parked a good distance from the lobby. We also were able to use it sitting at a picnic table in the middle of the park.

The whole point of staying at this campground was to have a convenient place to stay while visiting Zion NP. It's not a resort. Aside from coming back midday for lunch and a rest when the temperatures went over 100 and having a place to sleep, it didn't differ from from many campgrounds/RV parks we've stayed at across the country. To the reviewers who had unpleasant experiences with fellow campers, that is unfortunate but isn't the fault of the proprietors. We've met a few rude people in all different settings.

If you are have an RV, are looking for a place with full hookups and want to be conveniently located near the park, this campground is the closest you'll get unless you are lucky enough to reserve one of the few (15) spots in the park that do have hookups. Since we weren't traveling on a predictable schedule and couldn't make advanced reservations in the park, this place was a good alternative.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

The ladies at the front desk should know more about customer service, but they are more concerned about each other and the phone. Don't ask for ice when the ice machine is broken and it is 110 degrees outside, because you will be met with a blank stare and informed that ice is not for campers (even if your RV hasn't been able to catch up from Las Vegas at 116). The website also says there is WIFI, but you need to sit in the lobby and be prepared to get kicked out into the night when they close.

I just don't think they really care to try for repeat business and are willing to settle for one-time-only visitors. Sooner or later, this will catch up with them.

It is unfortunate, because Zion is beautiful and need to be visited by those who love nature and rocks.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I didn't really experience their campground, but I am glad that we cancelled our reservation. So this is what happened. I checked availability for the day we were planning using their online form. At this point our reservation was not confirmed as their response email showed so. Right after receiving this "not confirmed email" I sent them an email to cancel it and I phoned them to confirm my request to cancel. The man confirmed it and I got an email confirmation the next day. So I thought everthing was taken care of and I wouldn't be charged as eveything happened pretty much on the same day. But, I was surprised to see the charge on my Visa, and checked that if they creditted me back, but they didn't. I phoned the place, and this rude woman told me that they couldn't find my name on their system (this might tell you how messy they are) and the charge on my Visa was not from them. After arguing for a while, she finally found my info, but she told me that they wouldn't refund for the holiday weekends. My request was for the weekday, not even for Thrusday, Friday or Saturday the July 4th, and there was no note for non-refund policy for the holiday weekend anywhere on their website. The woman was so freaking rude and refused to refund, and our argument was going no where, I was ready to forget the whole thing. I told them that the way they do business is dishonest, then she yelled at me, "OK, fine! I will refund you out of my own pocket!" from the top of her lungs. At this point, I didn't really care if she would refund me or not, just the way she treated me upset me more than anything. I kept asking her name, but she just hang up on me. Well, I will see if my next Visa statement shows the refund or not, but if she didn't, you all know that this is the way they do business. A good place has good service and attitude even before you visit the place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank happycampersf
Reviewed June 23, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE. Unless you like noisy neighbors partying until 3am, I would advise staying in the Park (where rangers monitor noise levels) or shelling out a few extra bucks to stay at a local motel.

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night before we were heading out to hike the Zion Narrows. The camp sites were awfully small and you are VERY close to your neighbors. All was fine until a group of about 6 cars and 15 people showed up at midnight. It would have been fine if they just quietly set up their camping gear, but instead they proceeded to yell, drink and party until 3am. We asked them nicely several times to quiet down, but they rudely continued on. Ironically, the group was from Las Vegas - where we had flown into and were trying are best to get as far away as possible from. We unfortunately had to hear one too many stories of them getting trashed and winding up in random people's home. Hopefully no small children heard these inappropriate stories.

Case in point - no one monitors noise levels at this campground. Neighbors can be very rude, and you are VERY, VERY close to them.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple