“Rude Service Stay Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springdale
Zion Canyon Campground
bayarea
“Rude Service Stay Away”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I didn't really experience their campground, but I am glad that we cancelled our reservation. So this is what happened. I checked availability for the day we were planning using their online form. At this point our reservation was not confirmed as their response email showed so. Right after receiving this "not confirmed email" I sent them an email to cancel it and I phoned them to confirm my request to cancel. The man confirmed it and I got an email confirmation the next day. So I thought everthing was taken care of and I wouldn't be charged as eveything happened pretty much on the same day. But, I was surprised to see the charge on my Visa, and checked that if they creditted me back, but they didn't. I phoned the place, and this rude woman told me that they couldn't find my name on their system (this might tell you how messy they are) and the charge on my Visa was not from them. After arguing for a while, she finally found my info, but she told me that they wouldn't refund for the holiday weekends. My request was for the weekday, not even for Thrusday, Friday or Saturday the July 4th, and there was no note for non-refund policy for the holiday weekend anywhere on their website. The woman was so freaking rude and refused to refund, and our argument was going no where, I was ready to forget the whole thing. I told them that the way they do business is dishonest, then she yelled at me, "OK, fine! I will refund you out of my own pocket!" from the top of her lungs. At this point, I didn't really care if she would refund me or not, just the way she treated me upset me more than anything. I kept asking her name, but she just hang up on me. Well, I will see if my next Visa statement shows the refund or not, but if she didn't, you all know that this is the way they do business. A good place has good service and attitude even before you visit the place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank happycampersf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Napa, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE. Unless you like noisy neighbors partying until 3am, I would advise staying in the Park (where rangers monitor noise levels) or shelling out a few extra bucks to stay at a local motel.

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night before we were heading out to hike the Zion Narrows. The camp sites were awfully small and you are VERY close to your neighbors. All was fine until a group of about 6 cars and 15 people showed up at midnight. It would have been fine if they just quietly set up their camping gear, but instead they proceeded to yell, drink and party until 3am. We asked them nicely several times to quiet down, but they rudely continued on. Ironically, the group was from Las Vegas - where we had flown into and were trying are best to get as far away as possible from. We unfortunately had to hear one too many stories of them getting trashed and winding up in random people's home. Hopefully no small children heard these inappropriate stories.

Case in point - no one monitors noise levels at this campground. Neighbors can be very rude, and you are VERY, VERY close to them.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Upland, CA
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I think there are some good points from other users. My needs are simple since I was camping. I did find that the bathroom and showers were mostly clean. I would have liked to see some paper towels and hand soap at the bathroom sink. I had one of the worst bloody noses (very dry climate) of my life in the rest room. It was so bad, I couldn't keep up with the box of tissues and I got blood on the floor. It looked like a murder scene. I tried to clean the floor with what I had, but when we left 4 days later there were still blood stains on the floor. Hence why I would like to have seen paper towels.

The 5 minute shower tokens did suck! The larger of the showers (men’s) had a stall that would work without token (don't think I need to advise the staff of that).

I did bring a 38' RV. We used all hookups except the sewer. This was our maiden voyage with the RV and I was not yet ready to deal with the dumping. We used a site with 50 amp service, water and cable. All worked great. The fire pit and grill were clean when we arrived (not sure if that was the previous tenant or the staff).

In summary, I would return to this site whether I was camping in a RV or a tent (I do both). I liked that it was very close to the Virgin River and that the campsite was quite after 10pm. I liked that Zion has a FREE shuttle that runs through the town until ~11pm (I think it starts at 6am).

Lastly, I would have written this review from the campsite, but their up-pipe to the internet would timeout. I could surf ok, just not send e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Ken

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank BadDogHT
San Francisco
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Don't go this campground!!! The location might fool you, cause it's is beautiful all around it, but the campground itself is a dump. Bathrooms are filthy, toilets are overflowing, sink is dripping, mud everywhere. And if you complain to the staff about it, they say they don't have enough people to keep it cleen. They are very rude and charge $10 person/night for camping (incl. 1 token for a 5min shower). If you want a second shower you have to pay $5 extra. Sites are tiny, dusty, hardly any shade. What a shame to waste such a beautiful place by the wrong owners. They don't give a s*** about tent campers as they make more money with RV's. Dirtiest campground i every stayed at!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Wow, I've stayed in roach infested dumps for 5 times the price of this place that reviewed better than this. I like the Zion Canyon Campground and I'm going back soon.

We stayed here because it was very close to Zion NP and was one of the only places available. We actually had a campsite reserved in the park, but there's almost no shade in the campgrounds inside the park so we chose this place instead. The other places to camp are a 20-30 minute drive from the park where there are no restaurants or anything other than hanging out in an RV resort. Your other option is to shell out $100+ a night for a hotel room.

The campgrounds are small, but they're shaded and yes you're right next to your neighbors.

First off my wife and I are into canyoneering in Zion, so we spend most of the day hiking in the park and we just need a cheap place to relax and cool down after a long hike. If you're spending your whole time in your room or campsite you're missing the point of going to Zion anyway. The campground has showers and a pool and costs about $20 a night for a tent site. I'm not sure what people are expecting for $20 a night right next to one of the most popular national parks in the country, but if you're expecting luxury and privacy for $20 a night you're probably in the wrong area.

The first few nights we were surrounded by a group of inner city kids who were bussed down to do some hikes in Zion, the last night we were surrounded by a big Mormon group who complained incessantly and gave us the stink-eye while we had a couple beers with dinner. That said, we're going back in a couple weeks and I'm staying here again.

As for the staff, my wife and I travel a lot and everytime I've been polite and friendly with the staff, I've received the same treatment. If you're rude and demanding because you didn't make reservations or didn't research the place you're staying then expect the staff to reply in kind.

Try to get a site close to the river, it's away from the big group sites and a little prettier. You can't beat the location, there's a shuttle stop right at the campground so you don't even have to drive into the park. It's also walking distance from all the restuarants and shops in Springdale.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayorMcSteve
Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We stayed for three nights at the Zion Canyon RV Park in Springdale. The RV park itself was a little crowded, but very clean. The bathrooms were not so clean, but we mostly just used our RV. The location is perfect, there is a shuttle pick up to the park right at the entrance of the RV Park.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank shina25
colorado
Reviewed April 12, 2009

The staff were really nice as we paid for our site and drove in., there was no grill and no fire-ring at the allocated site so we asked for a different one...there were plenty of open sites, they blew up and were really rude but there was nowhere else to go so we just forgot it.
The tokens for the shower didn't work, extra tokens were $5 for 6 minutes....are you kidding? $50 per hour for hot water? they say they are trying to be green and save water...I bet the folks staying in the hotel rooms don't have to pay extra for longer showers, or for watching tv all night, or leaving room lights on, or for cranking up the AC.
The showers/toilets were filthy, there was one urinal, two cubicles with graffiti. dirt and toilet paper everywhere and no soap....how can you not have soap in a toilet block? Trying to be green I suppose. It's just disgusting. I'm tempted to open a campground in the town and put them out of business.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple