“unhappy in springdale, ut rv park”

Zion Canyon Campground
United States
“unhappy in springdale, ut rv park”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Only plus is convenient to Zion Natl Park bus shuttle and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. only cold water to wash dishes. bathrooms are dirty, no paper towels - one power dryer, warmer than the shower water. showers are 6 minutes (timed) you are given one token a day for a lukewarm shower. very slow internet. would never stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed in campsite w/rv - no children, didn't use pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ann M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Amesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

the location was the best thing about this campsite, everything else was just average. they gave us tokens for the showers but didn't tell me that the token only gives 6minutes, so I was left with conditioner in my hair. when I complained to the office they were not sympathetic at all, and in fact made fun of me for needing more than 6minutes in the shower (and this was the top manager. I haven't seen such poor people skills in a long time). the toilets were very poor, not clean and three toilets were blocked off with plywood covered in dust and trash. the sites were very close together, difficult to maneuver in and out of and very much right on top of each other. I wish we had managed to get a booking at watchman campground instead

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank susannah365
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We are a long rig and they fit us in. Spaces are close. The park is clean and quiet. We did not use the showers so no comment there. Location is good for walking to near by food and galleries. Shuttle stop is right out front. The wi-fi signal strength is good but we had trouble getting to the Internet often.

Stayed March 2013
Rossland, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

There is a horrible front desk person that sets the stage and you will know her instantly, she has very short grey hair with very dark glasses and she is old and extremely rude. I was given a camp spot with a broken picnic table and our trailer was too big for the site so I asked for a new site. When I did she told me I was waisting her time and she had to attend to the other people in line. I told her that I was first in line and needed attention so my family and I could enjoy our visit to Zion National Park. While I was there I heard her tell a man to SHUT UP! Disgusting behavior! We paid 50.00 for the night, no pool available for use, no reliable wifi, cold timed showers and when I was going to pour myself a cup of coffee they had at the front desk, a "Help Yourself" coffee station, she yelled at me again and told me it was for hotel guests only. So this company thinks that hotel guest deserve coffee and its campers deserve virtually nothing. It is a beautiful sight..jaw dropping actually but the good thing about that, there are 3 other campgrounds in the same area. Just don't stay at this one!! The only thing that kept me here and not asking for my money back were the two wonderful hosts that were very kind and very helpful. Whoever owns this campground, get rid of that lady! She is bringing you down! Thank goodness for Trip Advisor!! I would never return and will stay my next night at the other campsites just down the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Darcee O
Riverside, California
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This RV park is within a half mile of the Zion National Park entrance. Their is no need to tow a vehicle as you are not allowed to drive your own car inside the park and a free shuttle will take you into the national park right from the entrance of the RV park. The RV park is clean and is nestled within the beautiful red rocks of Zion. The river runs through the park allowing for nice picture opportunities. A small pool is available and a large general store. Their are plenty of restaurants on the main road outside of the park. The only downsides are the spaces are small and made with gravel and dirt. But for $40-50 a night with full hook-ups, you can't beat it.
TIP: Take an early jog to the national park and jog inside the park along the upper pools trail. Take the scenic highway to Bryce Canyon...awesome tunnel experience even for RV's!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank chris6333
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Let me start by saying that the staff was more than helpful and very accommodating in refunding us two nights stay so we could move to a different location for the last two nights of our four night stay in Springdale/Zion. The campground is behind the quality inn and is mostly filled with RVs and various other homes on wheels. We were tent camping so please take that into consideration when reading this review.

The tent sites were large with fire pits and picnic tables. Most of the tent sites are located right along the river which makes for a very pretty setting if you were not surrounded on all other sides by RVs. Being close to the river is nice, but they are the furthest locations from the two bathrooms in the campground, which did prove a bit inconvenient. The showers are operated by a coin that you are given from the front desk...one coin per day...which operates the shower for 6 minutes. The showers were miserable; they were lukewarm and not much more than a trickle. After two days, we had enough of the campground and decided to move locations.

On the positive side, the location is pretty convenient. The campground was so close to the park that we skipped the free shuttle and walked instead, which only took about 10 minutes. If you have an RV or the like, this campground may be better suited to your needs, but if you are a tent camper and prefer nature, solitude, and peace, I would recommend staying in one of the campgrounds inside the park. Good luck on your upcoming trip and I hope this helps.

Room Tip: More suited to RVs than tent campers
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank spindalis
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

All you have to do is provide the lodging, they provide everything else. The surrounding red mountains and the constant sound of the river added to the ambiance of our campsite. We enjoyed sitting by our evening campire in the firepit. The restrooms were very clean and WIFI is available for those who have to keep in touch in the wilderness. A swimming pool is on the property. There are several restaurants within walking distance and the Zion shuttle stop is a few steps away. The national park entrance is less than a mile away. During this time of year, the campground is almost deserted and very quiet. The sites are small and very close to each other. This may be a consideration for high tourist seasons. The cost of the tent campsite was high compared to the national park, however, the additional amenities might make up for it.

Room Tip: A site in the very back by the river is ideal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends