“Doing a great job.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Ate there on 9/13 and was very pleased. Amigos must have made some drastic changes. Portions were large and prices were appropriate. Margaritas were good, I've had better, I've had worse. Location was very nice. Service was friendly and prompt. Food came out quickly, too quickly in my opinion, but most people like this aspect of American dining. The 3 salsas is a nice touch and chips are fresh made not "store bought".

We had the nachos with carnitas, homemade and plentiful.

Fajitas de carne al pastor, also homemade tasting and very flavorful.

My only complaint was the Flan. Not traditional in any way. Too much use of condensed milk which to me made it very cheesecake like. A minus for me, I like flan to be more custard and egg tasting. Most people may prefer this, not me.

I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Richard

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We were visiting Zion Park for our 25th anniversary and stayed 3 days. We stumbled on Amigos restaurant while in Springdale. The food was good, authentic. The margaritas were a bit small but it is Utah and I was thrilled I could get any alcoholic beverage. The margarita was a "real" margarita. Apparently come places make them with wine??? I tried one of them at another establishment. They are NOT as good a the real thing. When in Springdale, stop by Amigos, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised. The service was good, and the food was delicious. We had tostados and enchiladas and tacos, all well seasoned and nicely served. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Great food. Service was lacking, but we found out that they were understaffed that evening.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

We arrived for lunch on a slow weekday, and we sat outside on the patio. The owner was the only one working both the tables and the kitchen, but he was prompt and curteous. According to him, the food was authentic Mexican; according to me, it was excellent! Half the tables on the patio were filled by the time we left, and the owner was still on top of things and was friendly to everyone. I'd seek this place out again the next time I'm passing through.