“Mystery Meat”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stopped in for a quick bite after arriving to town. All I wanted was two soft tacos. I was directed to take a seat next to a young boy at a table to wait for my take-out. Turns out the kid was the owners son (best I could tell). It was a fairly awkward place to have to sit and wait for my food as the entire time I waited, the kid was playing on his computer and complaining about his meal....apparently he doesn't like tomatoes....not something I really needed to know. When my food was ready to go, I quickly paid and headed back to my hotel room. Only upon reaching my room did I actually look at what I received. The tacos were not appealing looking at all. One was supposed to be chicken and the other beef, however, neither good and they both looked even worse. The meat was greasy and soupy -- something I've never experienced in a soft taco before. The sauces provided were watery at best and unfortunately 3/4 of my meal went in the trash. The only redeeming part of the meal was the fresh back of chips provided. I won't be going back again.

There are newer reviews for Casa de Amigos

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Service was pleasant though not very fast. Enjoyed their fajitas. Have only been once, but would go back again for the fajitas when I wasn't in a hurray.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A great little place to stop and have a margarita and some good Mexican food. Good value and good service

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant looks nice from the inside and outside and gives you a nice view over the mountains of Zion NP.
I ordered a combination meal of a enchilada and chiles rellenos. It was served at a plate with beans, rice and sour cream and it was just one sludge of food. I didn't look nor taste nice. The two stars ranking is because of the fajitas that my friend ordered, which were okay.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Really good authentic Mexican food. Quality was excellent. Kids enjoyed the quesadillas and fajitas. Cold beer and good service.