“Strange name for a great restaurant”

Arkansas Al's Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #26 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Strange name for a great restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't know where the Ark Al name came from, but I probably wouldn't have eaten here because I am not a beef eater. But I am really glad I did! My friend had steak, which he said was excellent, as was the trout that I had. The salad was fresh and delicious, and the homemade bread was to die for! I was disappointed in the choice of wine by the glass, which was served in a small cheap wine glass. I didn't have dessert, but I did look at the menu, and wasn't too impressed with it. This really didn't matter to me though, as I no room for dessert anyway. Our server, Frank, was very attentive and friendly, but of course, it wasn't very busy. The views from the almost 360 degree windows were wonderful. The prices were reasonable and it was nice to have a 10% discount because we were staying in the motel. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

Ely, Nevada
“Slow service an no salad”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It was a holiday weekend so they should have been prepared. So makes you wonder. The service was terribly slow and poor...no refills on tea, and they were out of salad!! Really?!

Visited February 2014
las vegas
“Excellent Service and Excellent Food...”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

After our horrible experience in St. George, Utah we were relieved to find excellent service at this location. From checking into the hotel (Majestic View Lodge) to eating at Arkansas Al's Steakhouse we were finally able to start enjoying our vacation. Amy, our waitress, was phenomenal and very attentive. Everything the chef prepared was excellent, especially the ravioli with a white cream sauce. We would highly recommend this place to others, both hotel and restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tomandbrandy
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely steaks with beautiful views”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the attached Mountain View Hotel so very handy to have this great restaurant next door - plus a 10% discount off the food bill. 2 of the 3 steaks were cooked as ordered, the third not rare enough. Reasonable value ( especially with discount). Good beer selection and ok wine. Overlooks stunning mountains so ideal to sit and relax after a hard day's hiking. Would recommend

Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Needs to be a better partner with Motel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Connected to Majestic View Motel it has the same outstanding views but a different owner.

Servers are friendly. Wide ranging dinner menu, with good food portions, poor wine selections and a bit over priced.

Breakfast is good basic fare, and should be included in the price of room.

• Visited October 2013