“You have got to do this..”

Zion Outback Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come and take the road less traveled and experience all that Zion National Park and Southern Utah have to offer! Private and group tours. Combination Jeep & Helicopter tours. NEW TOUR for 2016 - TOROWEAP/TUWEEP AT THE GRAND CANYON--full day tour. Zion Jeep Tours is a sightseeing tour company that offers a glimpse of Zion National Park and its surrounding lands from the bottom of Zion Canyon to the top of the Park'€™s highest mesas by giving guided Jeep Safari Tours. Family owned and operated since 2003.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You have got to do this..”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Amazing, beautiful tour of little known Zion-area backcountry in an exceptionally comfortable "Jeep" vehicle. The vehicle was fitted wth comfortable bucket style seating, and as advertised "every seat is a good one." Tour was well worth the money; viewing the Zion back country at sunset on top of a mesa. The tour guides (we took two vehicles) were knowledgeable, extremely interesting, passionate about the country and extremely patient with the inevitable requests for "group photos." Would love to do this again! Not to mention, that the trip up and down the mesa qualifies as a Disney thrill ride; very safe, and very exhilerating! Definitely bring a camera for the views, and eye protection for the dust, which can be quite uncomfortable.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 841gailg

clinton,ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't get to go”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I booked a sunset tour with Zion Jeep tours and prepaid with my visa card. However my wife became ill in the short period of time between when left our hotel and the time we were to go on the tour. The tour driver took one look at my wife and called the owner. We left a message and he called me back within an hour. The owner (forgot his name) was gracious enough to return our money without any hassles. In fact, he was quite nice about it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank PAUL t
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Away from the crowds”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This was a wonderful "adventure"! Our family of 5 booked a "sunset tour" not sure what we were getting into.... What we got was a surreal experience, After a day of dealing with the crowds in Zion our driver Bruce took us into a part of the park not explored by most. We saw the most amazing panoramic view of Zion, we were entertained by his witty commentary, went down and up some treacherous roads and at the end the 3 kids said that " it was fun!". I learned more about the geology of Utah, information on plants, and gossip about the land owners than I could have imagined. Picture and "stretch" stops were timed perfectly. The sunset on the peaks of Zion was spectacular, the solitude was wonderful and the double rainbow over "The Altar" was awesome. As Bruce said to us, " this is an opportunity to experience Zion in a different way than most". If you are looking for a different experience, just book it...you won't regret it!

3 Thank Gene B
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Just do it !”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This backcountry tour of Zion was the most memorable part of our brief time in Zion. Just as much fun as my first time last year. Wanted my son and daughter-in-law to see what it's all about. They were thrilled with the views and the running commentary. The following reviews say it all !

Lincoln, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“excellent way to see the sunset”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I did the sunset tour on May 24. Dustin was our driver and we found him to be extremely knowledgeable about the history of the geology of the area. He took us to the of a mesa to view sunset. The views were spectacular and the trip brought a new understanding to what a mesa looks like. The ride was extremely smooth but be sure to take a jacket with you because it is cooler at the top of the mesa. I would recommend this tour.

Visited May 2012