“No complaints here!”

Wawona Hotel Dining Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We knew once we got to Wawona from San Francisco, we weren't going to turn around to go eat somewhere outside of the park so we made a 6:15 reservation for dinner here when we checked in for our two-night stay at the Lodge. Our table was not ready at 6:15 but we were able to order pre-dinner drinks. Once seated, service was fine and our entrees of pork loin, beef pot roast and ravioli were tasty and plentiful.....so much so, we didn't have room for dessert! $95, including tip, for the three of us (with salads).

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (834)

Reviewed June 23, 2017

We ate at Big Trees Lodge (formerly Wawona Lodge), which was supposed to be Victorian. Most people were not dressed up. The carpeting was old. The chandeliers had pictures of big trees, and we ate with cloth napkins but it was not all that fancy. It was too cold and I had to keep my jacket on.
I had a pork loin with mustard potatoes and red cabbage. My husband had the bison burger with cheesy fries. The fries were really good as was the red cabbage. I ordered flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It had a Grand Marnier sauce but I could barely taste the liquor and it was on such a big plate that it was hard to scoop up the sauce. The cake was about the size of a potato scoop and there was a scoop of ice cream and sliced strawberry as well as a triangle of sesame crisp or something which tasted okay. The cake itself was good but not phenomenal. To get to the bathrooms, you had to go outside. The grounds were not well kept. There were weeds and it was just not impressive except for a few spots where there was some attempt at landscaping. It was more as if it had been popular years ago but now was waning in popularity and someone did not have the money to keep up with the upkeep. I made reservations since it was a Saturday night, but it was not filled up. It cost more than our usual dinners and if I had to do it over, I would have gone somewhere else but would have thought I was missing a glorious Victorian dinner. It was not.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

When we booked our room at the Big Trees Lodge we did not expect fine dining. I was actually concerned that I would not get a good meal. Fortunately my fears were un founded. All the meals that we had were varied and very, very good. The only drawback was that the service was sometimes slow. We had to wait for our cocktails with supper. Also, during breakfast, our waiter was very sociable with patrons at other tables. This should not detract from the food.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a meal there last week that was great. Huge burger for me with onions and mushrooms was great. Service so so. Food was yum! We had strawberry tart for dessert.
No AC- it was still cool in there! There are not many places in Yosemite to get a hot meal so this was an oasis.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Can't drive by without stopping! Possibly not the best restaurant on the planet, but you HAVE to try it once - we keep going back. Staff is nice, food is very good, location is fabulous, history is amazing. If you have time, after dinner, head over to the piano bar for a flash back in time. We sat outside this time, but it got a little warm. Inside, if you sit near a window, you'll see the old wavy window glass that adds to the charm and character of this historic, one of a kind property.