“Very good restaurant in an old lodge.”

Wawona Hotel Dining Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2017

When we booked our room at the Big Trees Lodge we did not expect fine dining. I was actually concerned that I would not get a good meal. Fortunately my fears were un founded. All the meals that we had were varied and very, very good. The only drawback was that the service was sometimes slow. We had to wait for our cocktails with supper. Also, during breakfast, our waiter was very sociable with patrons at other tables. This should not detract from the food.

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (834)

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a meal there last week that was great. Huge burger for me with onions and mushrooms was great. Service so so. Food was yum! We had strawberry tart for dessert.
No AC- it was still cool in there! There are not many places in Yosemite to get a hot meal so this was an oasis.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Can't drive by without stopping! Possibly not the best restaurant on the planet, but you HAVE to try it once - we keep going back. Staff is nice, food is very good, location is fabulous, history is amazing. If you have time, after dinner, head over to the piano bar for a flash back in time. We sat outside this time, but it got a little warm. Inside, if you sit near a window, you'll see the old wavy window glass that adds to the charm and character of this historic, one of a kind property.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

After years of enjoying the Wawona Hotel Restaurant we returned​ to find that it was now Big Trees Lodge. We were hoping for the same great quality as before. What a disappointment! The quality of the experience was bad on many different levels. When we were seated (we were the first to arrive) we were served hard, dry dinner rolls with no butter. We were told that the butter was not whipped yet. We asked for fresh rolls and after a wait received soft dinner rolls. The butter came at the end of the meal. The Ceasar salad (large $12) that I split with my husband had a tastless almost absent dressing and awful cheese. My husband ordered the pork loin (full order). But, only the half order was served and without the mustard sauce. My daughter's Red snapper meal was inedible. The sauce served with the fish was the worst thing I have ever tasted. We immediately told the waiter that there was a problem with the sauce-extremely bitter. Also, broccoli should have been served with her meal, but was missing from her plate.
Our waters were never refilled and we were never asked what we wanted to drink.
I will never go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

The chili was well cooked and notably cheaper than the rest. Perfect after a good hike. The dinner venue was full when we arrived (guess you need to reserve beforehand), so we settled for the bar menu on the beatiful porch. If it wasn't for all the overdressed luxury hikers it would have been top notch.