“Very Relaxing, Nice Options”

Big Trees Lodge Dining Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Very Relaxing, Nice Options”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I think they made it a point to use mushrooms in every dish. I had the pasta special--lots of shrooms. It was okay, except my veggies were a bit soggy. My husband had the meatloaf--toped with mushrooms. I think it tasted better than it looked. The dining room takes you back to Victorian days and it is probably one of the three top options in the park. There is a lovely fountain in front, a long deck with Adirondack chairs to lounge in. No one is in a hurry here.

• Korean first
Lancaster
“Great food.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Classy establishment with a pianist playing a Steinway Concert Grand. The food was well prepared but a bit pricey. The wine list was decent but not overpriced.They charge a $30 corking fee, which I thought was a bit steep.

Los Angeles, California
“Nice, old Victorian Hotel”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel and the dining room. It has a lot of charm and character. And the food was good. You really get a feel of what it must have been like for visitors to Yosemite 100 years ago. I highly recommend stopping by here. Even if it's just for lunch before you head into Yosemite. Also, take the time to see Mariposa Grove. You will see giant Sequoia trees. Really special. And take the tram tour! It will no longer be available in 2015 because of environmental issues. Then you will have to walk the 3 mile loop to see trees.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Late Evening Dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family arrived late at the Wawona, but the staff readily accommodated us. The waitress and the beverage server were first class. I ordered a turkey meat loaf which had a fantastic gravy as well as mashed potatos and fresh vegetables. The size of the order was large and very filling. Dessert was excellent. The size of an individual dessert makes for easy sharing among couples and family. The wine was excellent and went well with the food served. Everyone in my family was well fed and satisfied when we finished the meal. We all left with a smile on our face.

• Visited May 2014
Newark, Delaware
“Nice place to stop for lunch near Mariposa Grove!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I made the hour trip from Yosemite Valley to view the giant sequoias in Mariposa Grove. We got to Wawona around 1pm and hungry, we decided to swing by the Wawona Hotel for lunch! The historic, plantation feel of the building is very cool. We were immediately seated for lunch right alongside the window. The wait staff was very friendly and although the menu selection was small, I think it had something for everyone. We both got club sandwiches and fries which were delicious and really hit the spot. After dining, we went to look at the small Yosemite gift shop on the property and ended up buying a book and a Christmas ornament. I think this is a good place to stop for a nice, sit-down meal while you're in the area!

• Visited June 2014