“Enjoyable”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Portsmouth Pride of the south
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had read mixed reviews prior to our visit but as we were staying in the hotel it was convenient. The room is lovely and the service good. The meals were excellent and such a lot of it.

• Korean first
sacramento, ca
“Historic dining room with average food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the Wawona Hotel in late October. No reservations are necessary at this time of year. We were seated quickly. If you are seated near a window you may experience a slight draft as the windows are older and may have warping allowing some draft. Since Wawona Hotel is a historic hotel it has some limitations as to what it can do to modernize itself.

We were served quickly and the bread was homemade and was a corn muffin with cheese and spice. Very nice. My wife had a vegetarian pasta and it was tasty and in a large amount. I had the shrimp and garlic with fettucini noodles. Again the serving size was large. However, this dish was disappointing. Although the ingredients were fresh and properly cooked, the flavoring of the sauce was almost non existent...bland. I had a conversation later with a young lady who picked up the plates and served the dessert about the shrimp dish. She said that it is one of the dishes she does not like and if asked tells patrons not to order it. Our waiter did not say anything. She said that the two best dishes, from her experiences, are the flatiron steak and the pot roast.

We decided after the dinner that we probably would not eat dinner at the Wawona Hotel again. However, if you are staying there and it is dinner time you have limited choices were to eat.

1 Thank travelnice
Simi Valley, CA
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I would have happily paid for my breakfast, had it not been included in the price of our room! Such a sweet deal!!

West Midlands
“Nice on the veranda”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed for dinner having walked around Mariposa.

I was bit concerned that they would not let us in for dinner as we looked a bit scruffy. However, this need not have troubled me. The man at the desk could not have been more helpful and got us a table within 30 minutes and we waited on comfy seats on the veranda drinking cocktails. He was also very helpful when I could not find the ladies toilet.

We had dinner on the veranda. The portions were enormous so make sure that you are feeling hungry. The food was good.

We really enjoyed our evening here and it felt quite special.

• Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Very good food for in-park dining”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Yummy burgers and garlic fries! The service was super-friendly and attentive. And a perfect hot fudge sundae to finish. Very good American food!