“Food ok but speed of tills let it down”

Yosemite Valley Lodge Food Court
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 29, 2014

There was four till points but at times there was only one open while it wuss busy! This led to food getting cold

There are newer reviews for Yosemite Valley Lodge Food Court

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is typically cafeteria food. You pick a soup or salad or something from the grill and then go pay for it on you way to sit down. The food was alright I suppose. I don't remember what I had though so it couldn't have been that great. I seem to remember having a giant hot dog or something, but maybe I am just hungry as I write this review! We liked this place, because it was fast and didn't break the bank. We got the energy we needed quickly so we could get back to exploring the rest of the park. We sat next to the window where we could watch squirrels and the like.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you have to wait in line to order, then wait in line for your food to be prepared, then wait in line to pay, the system needs improving. Imo, this restaurant should be simplified so that you go order at a counter, pay for your food, sit down, and someone brings you the order when it's ready. Plus, many of the employees were not particularly well trained in customer service. A couple of times two employees were engaged in a conversation rather than serving the guests who were waiting for service. It's also not organized like an assembly - there's one person who handles one customer's food or drink prep from start to finish, even at the coffee bar. They need to take a clue from Peet's - while you're steaming one person's milk - ask the next person if you can get something started rather than just standing there while the milk steams!

None of this would bother me if I wasn't paying top dollar for food, but I was. The quality of the food was okay at best, but the whole system was tiring and I was annoyed by the time I got my food, so maybe I was overly critical of the food quality. A few changes to the process could really improve the dining experience here.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We didn't try any of the cooked food, not only because of being somewhat in a hurry, but also because the cooking smells weren't appetizing. For the same reason, we sat outside and enjoyed well-prepared sandwiches and fresh air.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were on a tight budget and the food didn't look fabulous for the money we would have to spend. The soup was a fabulous, cheap alternative - for $5 we got a good portion of very filling soup. The beef and bean soup was practically a stew. The butternut was very very tasty.

1  Thank Maxi_SA