“Adequate semi-cafeteria style”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2011

They serve large, sweet, non-crumbly corn muffins which is about all it takes to receive a good review from me. The burgers were good too. Sandwiches at the grill for lunch were cooked fresh as you watch. Sort of precludes the whole spitting in your food thing. Breakfast wasn't quite as good as most of the food was pre-cooked and sat in warming trays. Bacon & "toast" were a bit limp. Scrambled eggs not too bad. Good coffee. Lines at the cash register moved pretty fast. Seating was available both inside and out on the patio.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We ate breakfast 3 mornings in the food court and lunch one day. The veggie wrap for breakfast was very good, as were the pancakes my husband got. I had french toast one morning and it was tasty as well, but the wrap was my favorite. Tried the hot chocolate one morning and it was too light in color and tasted "off" so I didn't finish it. It was out of a machine, so maybe they just needed to add some mix or something. We stayed at the lodge and had the free cards, so the hot chocolate/tea/coffee was free. So, it didn't bother me lots that it wasn't good.
For lunch I had a meatball sub. It was huge and yummy!
The food court was more crowded at lunch than breakfast, so we just ate outside. We were there in late September. I imagine it could get very crowded and crazy in the height of summer tourist season.
Overall, we were happy with our experience at the food court.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

In my last two trips to Yosemite (2010 and 2011), my family and friends ended up eating dinners here more than any other place in the valley. The reasons: more variety to please different tastes, quick service, and reasonable ala carte prices. There is always a choice of 3 dinner meals, plus grilled foods and Italian foods, and fruits and prepackaged salads. There is also ice cream and a coffee bar. The grill is very good, with fries, burgers, etc custom grilled, and the other options are not fancy, but taste fine, quantity is good, and are not expensive. This is a very good option for famiiies with kids.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This place has a wide selection but it reminds me of the cafeteria in the hospital I used to work at. It had both the sterile ambiance and similar menu choices. At least it was quiet when we ate there. The servers were pleasant and answered questions.

I had the salisbury steak. It was reasonable, better than a TV dinner. I passed on the corn on the cob that came with it, it looked too sad. My wife had the chicken caesar salad. It was edible but tasted off. The chicken was cooked but cold, as were the breadsticks that came with it. The cafeteria is priced similar to the other fast food restaurants, we preferred the pizza patio in Curry Village. Still not the worst so we are giving it a two dot since we would not go back.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The food is of pretty good standard, we had really good pizzas, just the right size. Breakfast was ok, they do overcrisp the bacon though, and it can take a long time to get through the cashier check-outs. Don't bother to dress up! its all very casual