“Food and service do not live up to location”

The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Drive
Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
Description: With towering 34-foot high ceilings, enormous pine trestles and granite pillars, the chandelier-lit The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is as spectacular as it is inviting. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served each day as well as our legendary Sunday Brunch. The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room offers the finest dining in all of Yosemite National Park.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stay at the Ahwahnee one night every year just as a somewhat local get-away. During our stay we eat dinner and breakfast in the dining room. I couldn't agree more with the reviewer who stated that "most staff have been there too long." The service is consistently so-so and the staff can be very snooty. Let me say that again, the staff can be very snooty. The food is good, but over-priced as you would expect. The dining room is beautiful. If you want to have the dining room experience, best to go for breakfast when the price is better and you can see out the windows. I like the breakfast buffet, but it comes free with the room stay. Otherwise, it would be too expensive for an fairly average breakfast buffet. Reservations are a must, unless you get there when they open the dining room for any of the meals.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were on a month long trip out west, and this was one of the restaurants I picked to splurge on just for the experience. We did the breakfast buffet. While the restaurant was definitely the nicest in the valley, it certainly wasn't worth the over $100 for breakfast for a family of 4. Selection was limited, and it the food was okay, but not spectacular. The scenery was lovely,- but not 'out of this world' lovely. We were lucky enough to get a table near a window, but the trees were really in the way of seeing any of the scenery. I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about with this restaurant,- my only guess is that dinner must be far better and that with the limited selections in the valley people are just happy to have an upscale choice. We could have easily just visited the hotel lobby and looked around just to get a taste of the scenery and say we've seen The Ahwahnee.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

There's no question the Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room is THE place for fine dining in Yosemite National Park, but too many of the staff have been there far too long and don't have the excitement of being there nor the eagerness to please that one would expect in such a special place. It's time for some of the old staff to retire and let some of the more pleasant younger staff take over!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been in this restaurant several times- both in daylight and evening...it is gorgeous no matter when you go. It is certainly pricey- but the service, food, and atmosphere make it so worthwhile. A pianist plays at the dinner hour and our granddaughters loved him.

1  Thank AmaB
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Lovely physical plant. Even as hotel guests, we had to go though quite a bit to make dinner reservations @ 7:30 PM. After much work on the phone and through the front desk well prior to our arrival, we finally got our dinner reservation, but when we got to the dining room, after being promised good window seating, we wound up by the front (busy ) entrance to the dining area, right in the middle of the room, and told by the person seating us that we had a wonderful window view....(I honestly thought they were kidding........at first). When we got home, I received an evaluation to complete on the internet and mentioned this, the response I got back from the food and beverage manager indicated that I didn't understand how things were done at the Ahwahanee (I should not have taken the time to respond to their survey)............They were just way too busy. Although we had hard fought for dinner reservations for the following evening, we decided to go ahead and dine elsewhere. Gorgeous physical plant, food of good quality, although I would think considered expensive by any standard. If we hadn't had visitors for Europe and a long standing reservation, I think we wouldn't have tried to have dinner at the Ahwahanee during their busiest time. We love to stay at the Ahwahanee when we go to Yosemite, but I think we will skip the dining room during busy times when we are there in the future. For upscale dining, they are the only game in town, as far as we know, in Yosemite, and this probably contributes to the circumstances.