“Beautiful place to have lunch in the valley”

The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Drive
Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
Description: With towering 34-foot high ceilings, enormous pine trestles and granite pillars, the chandelier-lit The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is as spectacular as it is inviting. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served each day as well as our legendary Sunday Brunch. The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room offers the finest dining in all of Yosemite National Park.
Ohio, USA
“Beautiful place to have lunch in the valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

For those that cannot afford to stay here, I am happy to say you can still have lunch and revel in the luxury, if only for an hour. The lunch menu was surprisingly reasonable and very good. Take a look around at the gift shops and relax in the common areas after lunch.

• Korean first
Rocklin, California
“Had a delicious lunch at Ahwahnee Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Had lunch at the Ahwahnee Hotel this week. Rigitoni was wonderful! I'd recommend it! Lunch room was not crowded at all. Service was wonderful, and because it was my grandson's birthday, they served him a chocolate cupcake with cream icing that was to die for! Enjoyed it!

Sherman Oaks, CA
“Brunch is Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The brunch is a descent deal. The service is great, and the view is amazing. The dinning room itself is beautiful. The fireplace is grand, my son could stand in it--I could probably stand up in it! The tapestries are gorgeous and the ceilings are very high, you almost feel like your outdoors. The brunch is all you can eat. I'm not a big eater so I ordered off the menu, but my husband made seconds and thirds back to the buffet. It's half price for kids.

Blackstone, Massachusetts
“Over Priced and just ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

While visiting Yosemite which we knew had limited dining options we thought we would treat ourself for one special meal as we were celebrating an early birthday for my wife. We asked for a nice table and they did sit us by the window in a corner but had no real view to speak of.

Let me say that our server who has been there 20 plus years was very full of himself and did a poor job.

We ordered the crab cake appetizer. It was very tasty but stone cold. When we mentioned it to the waiter after our dinner was served and he never checked on us, he said he would tell the staff. That was the end of that.

My wife ordered the duck which I admit washot, tastey and she enjoyed it, and I ordered the pork chop. Menu selection is a bit limited so be prepared. The pork chop was over cooked and had no flavor. Mentioned that to the server and nothing more was said.

We had a bottle of wine with our diiner. Not once did our server pour any into the glass with the exception when he brought it.

We did not order desert, however, my wife got a cupcake for her birthday. Nice gesture, and It was free. The only thing was that it was very dry.

In my opinion I would never return as we paid $150 without tip for a very sub par experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RayV555
Los Angeles, California
“Gorgeous Room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is probably the most beautiful dining room in a National Park. Towering beams, lots of windows, wood...it's stunning. Food is good too. Prices aren't too bad either considering the price of the rooms at the Ahwahnee.

1 Thank Karen P