“great lunch”

The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Drive
Transit: Stop #3 on complimentary Yosemite Valley Shuttle route.
Description: With towering 34-foot high ceilings, enormous pine trestles and granite pillars, the chandelier-lit The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room is as spectacular as it is inviting. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served each day as well as our legendary Sunday Brunch. The Majestic Yosemite Dining Room offers the finest dining in all of Yosemite National Park.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food here is better than the food at the Falls Hotel. Some of the best meatballs I have ever had. Also, the dinning room is nicer. Stay at the Falls Hotel eat at the Ahwahnee.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Ahwahnee restaurant is so special! Anything you order is delicious, the staff is courteous and accommodating, and the views are spectacular! We especially like to have breakfast there...the buffet is very good. Try to get a window table.

2  Thank BSalazar
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Background: my husband and I had planned for "years" to return to the Awahenee. The occasion was his 70th Birthday…
The pieces of busy business and personal travel plans came together and we made the reservations to arrive 3/11/ 2013 and depart 3/14/2013 (this week)

I called to make dinner reservations in the dining room for our night of arrival weeks in advance!
The Dining Room reservation agent was VERY polite and VERY enthusiastically ensured we would have a fabulous dinner..including Birthday cake, piano player etc..
"however the ONLY reservation time available was 6:15"… I snatched it! Not perfect but I thought we could drive from Fresno and 'make it"

Days before our airline changed the departure time by 1 hour . I frantically called and asked for a later time… AGAIN I was cordially greeted by the same young woman.. saying she would try.. but NOTHING was Available…
I got a call back saying 6:45 WAS available.. but the only other time was 8:00
I knew we would be tired and so I Snatched the 6:45…

The plane was late.. and I again frantically called and begged for understanding.. and was again told.. 'just drive as fast as you can NOTHING else is available but she would make a note" ..
We drove without even stopping at Inspiration point..
We cancelled plans to stop at my mothers grave site..
We flew despite warning of ice…

We panted into the dining room at 6:50PM
THE DINING ROOM was virtually EMPTY!!!
The dining room remained 20 % full for our entire meal.. which was EXTREMELY SLOW service.. and we were in against a wall. Despite the atrium tables being available all evening..
The Birthday cake came only after much inquiry.. the piano player had gone on break..

I can not describe to you.. how we were amazed..

The same pattern continued the next night.. but we were prepared for a LEISURELY dinner and made "the only available reservation" again for 5:30
We laughed when the dining room was AGAIN EMPTY!!!!!

The room we were assigned had a view from one window of the falls.. the other OVER the service dock (# 246)
The bed was pushed up against the wall so I had to CRAWL in from the bottom..

Alas NOT 4 stars!!!!

So we will return again for Mother Nature.. but NOT 'flagship" Awahanee..
I thought you would appreciate the story believing you do strive to provide a magnificent guest experience.

1  Thank Betty65SeattleWA
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food was delightful. The pianist really made the meal enjoyable. We even had a waiter (possibly?), with a memorable raspy voice, sing "What a Wonderful World". The omelet bar had so many ingredients to add to the eggs: olives, mushrooms, 3 different cheeses, and more. The egg choices included: cholesterol-free eggs, egg whites, organic eggs, and Egg Beaters. The Eggs Benedict hollandaise sauce is a bit on the cheesy side. I prefer less cheesy. The mountain shrimp were large and fresh. Other food served was prime rib, ham, oysters, mussels, salmon, antipasto, bacon, sausage, fruit and much more. I tried blintzes for the first time, yum. When I went home I read about how Jewish people specifically don't eat them on the sabbath. Hmmm.

Great meal! No tummy ache when we left. I worried after eating a bit more than usual. Fine food.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The dining room has wonderful views of Half Dome. The servers were very attentive & not over bearing! The food selection was rather limited but very good! The meal was costly.