“Beautiful Even in Winter”
Review of Yosemite Valley

$372.56*
Private Yosemite National Park Day Trip from San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Many climbers consider Yosemite Valley among the world's very best climbing sites.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having been to the Valley in all season but winter, I was really thrilled with the wonderful scenery during the winter months. The trees are bare which allows for a different perspective. I would like to come back with there is more snow on the ground than what we had this first time.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,594)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The valley is so incredibly beautiful. The tram tour of the valley is an excellent way to get a feel for the different areas there. We had a wonderful guide who clearly, like so many of the rangers, came to Yosemite to visit and never wanted to leave.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just spent two days hiking and touring in Yosemite National Park. I can remember visiting this place as a kid in 1965. I am so glad to see that over the years the NPS has done a good job of preserving the park despite the pressures of people visiting. It has been about 10 years since I visited and way over due!

I completed the short hike to the Upper Sequoia Grove near Wawona with my wife. She had a great time photographing these beautiful giants in a winter setting. The hike is very easy, about 1.5 miles from the parking lot, a little more if you allow yourself to crisscross trails.

Also, visiting Yosemite Falls this time of year allows you to get really close to the base of the lower falls without getting drenched or fighting huge crowds.

If you can get to Yosemite this time of year, do it! Winter is such a great time to take in the beauty and serenity of the place.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yosemite Valley is breath taking - any time of the year!

There are free shuttle buses in the Valley, you can pay for a tram tour, you can visit with your own car, allowing for you to spend as much or as little time in a location.

Waterfalls are seasonal - and especially gorgeous in the spring and early summer when the snow is melting. There are beautiful serene meadows, huge magestic granite rocks (making the valley!) - forests with a wonderful variety of foliage, rivers, bridges, picnic areas, and also a vareity of dining options (cafeteria, resturaunts, deli, etc.)

Of course, if you visit on week days, there are fewer tourists, but . . .no matter when you visit - it's lovely!

It is a wonderful experience for couples, families with any age children, friends - you name it!

While on this reivew site you have to choose when you visited, I (we) have been there every month of the year - nice to live close by!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We are just so pleased that we made the trip. It was utterly amazing with the most spectacular vistas & incredible granite rock faces set against brilliant blue skies contrasted with the leftover snow....just wonderful.....it was so great that we changed our itinerary to spend more time there. The staff at the entrance gate were very helpful when we needed information & a way to contact & cancel our onward hotel reservation when we discovered that the Tioga Pass road was closed for the winter (my planning mistake!) ...but it is so wonderful to find helpful staff in that situation.