“Very comfortable”
other travelers have booked this property
Your living area with wood-burning fireplace, queen sofa sleeper, HD satellite TV and pool table.
View of the living area, dining area and kitchen. Enjoy the pool table.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
View of the living area, dining area and kitchen.
Enjoy the pool table.
Dining table seats up to 8 guests.
Cupboards are stocked with dishes, glasses, spices, oil and pots & pans.
Wet bar with wine glasses and small refrigerator.
2 of the 3 bedrooms have a fireplace and attached private patio with seating.
The 3rd bedroom with king size bed, kitchenette and attached bathroom.
2nd bedroom with king size bed and attached bathroom.
One of your 3 bedrooms with king size bed, gas fireplace, kitchenette and attached bathroom.
Enjoy the view of the forest while relaxing in your hot tub.
Gas barbecue with propane provided.
Relax on the deck on your swinging bench.
Map of Yosemite West
History at the Wawona Tunnel leading into Yosemite Valley.
Tunnel view of Yosemite Valley.
Bridalveil Falls
Plenty of biking trails at the valley floor.
Horseback ride through Yosemite Valley.
Pathway through the meadow in front of Yosemite Falls.
Learn to rock climb, or not?
The Yosemite Village Grocery Store.
Take a ride on 'The Sugar Pine Railroad' (Summer Only)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KathiMB B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed June 2, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This house is so comfy. Great location. Loved having the Hot Tub after hiking the Panorama Trail. Bedrooms and Bathrooms are well equipped

Jun 3, 2015
So glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again in the future :)

Holly Long
Ana E
San Diego, California
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My husband, children & grandchildren stayed in this vacation rental for 3 nights. It is only 20 minutes from Badger Pass (ski resort) and less than 30 minutes from Yosemite Valley. It was clean, safe, and had most of the amenities of home. Only dial-up wifi, unfortunately, but not the fault of the owner, that is just the way it is when you are staying in the wilderness! The only thing I will do next time is bring some of my own pots/pans/mixing bowls. They have them there, but they are fairly cheap and definiately used.

Traveling group: Large Group
Jan 2, 2015
Hi Ana,

So glad you enjoyed your stay in "Lower Enchanted Forest". Sorry to hear you were disappointed in some of the items in the kitchen. I am constantly replacing pots, pan, utensils, etc. Ironically, I just put new pots, pans and mixing bowls in the kitchen the day before I received your review, 3 days after you checked out. Thank you so much for your feedback... your review validates how important it is to always have the essentials that you expect to find at home and quality that we all appreciate :)

Take Care,

Large groups
CA
Reviewed March 28, 2014 for a stay in March 2013

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
key2thesu...
Holiday, Florida
“Charming and clean with troubles”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I can't say enough good about the owner of this property. She is a nice person and very honest. I do not know her except to the exent that we rented from her.

We arrived to find everything tidy and clean. Unfortunately, due to time and the hard water, the faucet in the bathtub in the room we were staying in was broken and the people before us either didn't report it, or they did not use the room and didn't know. I called the owner and she was all over it. Given the distance to anywhere inside the park it took 24 hours to get it repaired which was no small feat. The Plumber was there within 2 hours, but had to return the next day because there was so much work involved. He was delightful, respectful and apologetic for having to "intrude" on us. We were thrilled to get it fixed.

The only other problem was a bone I would like to pick with former renters. This owner went to great lengths to ensure that everything needed would be there. This was important because of the distance (minimum of 20 miles) to anything that resembles a store. When we arrived the cleaning supplies were gone. No mop, no broom, no dustpan and brush and no vacuum to clean the carpets. One might say, "I'm not cleaning, I'm on vacation. OK, bad attitude, you are in someone's home. Further, if you don't want to clean, why would you steal the cleaning supplies? Again, when I reported this, the owner was very upset and immediately had the items replaced.

Renters, stop stealing others property that you are being entrusted with. People like you are driving the rents up for the rest of us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting
Liked least: We couldn't bring our miniature poodle. I think because of carpet througout and owner concern that an untrained dog would destroy it.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jul 2, 2013
Unfortunately, we do have occasional maintenance issues, especially in a nightly vacation rental. I'm so glad you appreciated the attention we gave the matter in getting the plumbing problem fixed. Because we're an hour away from any hardware store, it can add more time on to taking care of a problem if the parts are not on hand. As far as the cleaning supplies go, those items were taken. I always keep a closet stocked with the basics, along with a vacuum that is just for my guests, so that if they choose to keep their place clean and tidy while on vacation, they can (that's the way I am). My apologies, that my caretakers did not notice in the last couple of weeks that those items disappeared. The closet has been restocked and we will keep a closer eye on it.

Thank you Paula for all your concern and understanding:)

Holly
ShariH394
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Terrific place to stay!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We would highly recommend this home as a place to stay. It had just about everything we needed. We are a family of five and the three rooms and huge beds made for great sleeping arrangements. Plus, with three girls the three bathrooms was am added plus! We food shopped on our drive in and packed lunches for our hikes and cooked dinners in watching the sunset. Why stay anywhere else! Our only disappointment was that we were told that there was Internet but it was with a disc and dial up and none of our devices had cd/ DVD drive. So, we lived disconnected for a bit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location/ amount of space
Liked least: Only dial up Internet with CD
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 2, 2013
Hi Shari,

I am so happy everyone was comfortable in "Lower Enchanted Forest"! There's just no comparison to staying in a hotel when you can have all the luxuries of home :) So sorry for your disappointment with the internet, unfortunately dial-up is our only choice because of the all the trees. Hopefully, that will change some day in the future :) Thanks again for choosing to stay at my home in Yosemite!

Holly
South Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing