“Family Friendly”

$464.00*
and up
2-Day Yosemite National Park Winter Tour from San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: California's oldest ski area can be found in the spectacular Yosemite Valley.
Fort Worth, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We took our 2 high school daughters who had never skied before. Just a little bit of training by some really great teachers and they were skiing around on getting used to the skis. The trainers were positive and had great tips. They enjoyed the ski trip and we enjoyed the family friendly prices. Rentals were in good condition, café on premises as well as a small store. On the way home they couldn't stop talking about their experience. If I ever have a chance to go skiing again this is the only place I would go. I worked for an airline and can fly to almost any city I want. I want this one. There are no cons. Only a positive experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pam B

Huntington Beach, CA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best Ski Area EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Badger Pass is where I learned to ski at 3 years old! My dad would pull me up the bunny hill and down I would go full speed!

When I got a little older I took the Ski Bus from Merced up to Badger Pass every Saturday during the winter for like 8 weeks. Bestest time ever!!! I have so many memories and ALL of them GREAT!!

I have so many fantastic memories from Badger Pass...I believe it to be a Magical Winter Wonderland.

Badger Pass is GREAT for families and people who want a smaller, more intimate ski area. The people that work there are great and super friendly! It also helps that Badger is THE ski area for Yosemite! :)

The gem of Badger Pass was the late Nic Fiore. What a legend! He was my very first ski instructor when I was a little girl! I remember his encouraging words and gentle fun personality the most! He was an exceptional man who I will always remember.

LOVE ME SOME BADGER PASS!!!!!
Snow or No snow....my favorite ski area of all time!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank tracidhb
Clovis, Ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good for beginners. Not crowded. Intimate setting as its not too big. When the suns a shinnin, don't forget the sunscreen! If your a quick learner, you will want to move up fast. There are a few more runs, but I imagine you'll tire of them quickly. They have a slow lift for a bunny hill and its great to learn how to get on and off and you learn on a real lift, not a t-bar.

Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
319 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Just OK for skiing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband is the skier in the family. We were living in California and needed a winter break, so we visited Yosemite. I thought he'd enjoy a day of skiing and he seemed eager for it, but after a few hours on the slopes, he was through. He got spoiled up in Colorado with mountains that it took days and days to conquer. BAdger Pass just iddn't hold his attention.

1 Thank Jane S
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Badger Pass Ski Area Children's Ski Lessons with Karen & Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our second year of introducing our 5 & 6 year old children to skiing at Badger Pass, where my father learned in the mid-30s and later, my brother and I. I was thrilled to see how our two kids evolved over 10 days of skiing in December and January, even in blizzardy conditions! Thanks to the dedicated teachers and small class size available at Badger Pass. With our Yosemite Winter Club Pass and Season's Pass we have received an incredible value. This small ski hill is an excellent place for children to learn to ski. They begin on the Turtle rope tow, then move on to Bruin, then on to the bigger hills with a three-person chairlift. The entire ski school staff & Badger Pass staff we interacted with were very friendly and helpful. My only regret was not having more time to get up there this season! It's a four hour drive from Bay area, significantly less populated than Tahoe (from my experiences), scenic, when lodging in Yosemite Valley a bus is available. Can rent a house in nearby Yosemite West. Suggest getting early start, especially if renting equipment. Thank you for getting my kids excited about skiing! See you next season!

Visited January 2013