Half Dome Village
$290
Hotels.com
$135
$125
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite(Fish Camp)(Great Value!)
$288
$275
$199
The Majestic Yosemite Hotel(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Big Trees Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Yosemite Valley Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
3,830 results
All reviewsheated tentpizzatent cabinscurrystoneman houseyosemite valleyguest loungebear boxsleeping bagwool blanketsbring earplugsfood optionsdouble bedextra blanketsquiet hoursbring your ownhear everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2008

My wife and I are not big campers, but she really wanted to check out Yosemite, so we decided on a heated tent cabin #418. We asked for a cabin near the restrooms so we wouldn't have to walk far in the dark (especially with all the roaming bears).

The cabin was nice and the heater worked great (if not too well). The only problem with the cabin was that there were blood stains all over one side of the tent, which typically means bed bugs (I've watched Verminators).

If you want to get up close and personal to the bears, this is the place to be! One night our neighbors in the tent behind us started yelling and shouting at about 8pm. I knew they were trying to shoo away a bear, so I ran out with my video camera. They had done a good job of frightening him and he was scampering down through the campground. One couple was sitting calmly in their lounge chairs when the bear came up next to them and they said, "No! Go away!" and he left. These bears are pretty harmless. The next day, a man came running into the men's shower room shaking because he'd just run into a bear on his way back to the cabin. All in all, the bears here are great!

One of the best things about Curry Village is the lobby of the dining hall. This area is setup like a great lodge (even nicer than Yosemite lodge) with a fireplace and really comfy couches. We spent several hours sprawled out on these couches after experiencing a bad case of food poisoning from the Yosemite Lodge cafeteria's spaghetti/meatballs.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank triviageek
Reviewed October 23, 2008

If you really want to hunt for reception, queue to register, hunt for a parking slot, drag cases, cool bags and all else from your car over 200 metres or more of rough ground to arrive in a vermin chewed cabin with leaking toilet and no room for a cat let alone a chair then be our guests. We arrived in the daylight and still had to leave our goods in the middle of a wood while we tried to find our cabin; people arriving in the dark were in despair as they searched for the office and then their tent/cabin. The deliberate minimum light policy gives magic views of the heavens but is a trial if you have to move about which you do to get to the lounge ( closed and in a state of disrepair ) or the canteen for meals ( adequate and good value ). We left after one night mainly because there is nowhere to sit and read/gossip day or night and because the accommodation, a cabin with shower bath, was tiny, tatty and very expensive. You could probably stay at the superb Best Western in Oakhurst and pay for a taxi into the park each day for the same outlay.
Curry Village, in an enviable position under Glacier Point, has a monopoly and it has led to mediocrity, and that is being charitable.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSKIers
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We stayed in tent no: 50 on the 4th of September 2008. The environment was beautiful and the tent was basic but ok.
We slept terrible beacause of our neighbours (8 teenagers from the UK) they were constantly drunk en were screeming the whole night. We called the reception, the girl form curry village can;t stopped them......
We had a horrible night because of our neighbours, but the environment was beautiful. The dinner and breakfast buffet was perfect, good food for less.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank AngelaDimit
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We booked a tent cabin in Curry Village cause there were no other possibilities left in or around Yosemite NP. Overall it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience with some charming characteristics to it. However, we did have the most terrible night ever!
In September there are no heated tents available yet... As it gets really cold at night the one thin blanket you get is just not enough to keep warm. When we arrived they asked us if we wanted a double bed or two single beds. We took two single beds just to have enough space, but thinking about it afterwards the double bed might have been a little warmer.
The beds themselves were horrible. Squeaking all night and really hard matresses. At night you could hear every little noise (which is normal in a tent), but man, I didn't know some people could snor so loud.
Anyway, considering it was a tent I guess I should say it was ok, cause you can't expect more luxury, but next time I will take a sleeping bag and ear plugs.
When checking in they really try to scare you with all the stories and paperwork to make you "bear-aware" which, to my opinion, is a little exaggerated. If you just do as you're told and put everything away in the bear-proof containers there's no need to make all the fuss about it. But I guess some people never learn and there is a good reason why they do it...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Let's start with signage. Although there is signage aplenty in Yosemite to direct you to the vicinity of Curry Village, it is very difficult to find the check-in location. After circling the area a couple times I finally stopped and asked someone who gave me wrong directions. A while later I asked a construction worker who told me that registration had been temporarily relocated for construction work---why no signage?? Check in was fast and my wood cabin was ready early. General parking is not very close to the cabins so plan to lug your stuff quite some distance. I knew the room would be spartan, and it was. The lighting was barely bright enough to read from and the only amenities were the towels and a clock. I took off to do photography and arrived back at Curry Village after dark. Surpise!!---No lighting on the pathways, I had only been to my cabin once but I could not identify any landmarks that I remembered and there were rows and rows of cabins. After about 1/2 hour I found my cabin and settled in for the night. Fortunately, I was relatively near the common shower/bathrooms. When I hiked up there before dawn, still somewhat asleep I stepped awkwardly on a cobblestone step (remember the bad lighting??) and fell on the steps. Fortunately all that was hurt was my ego. After the sun rose high enough so I could see the landscape, I exited quickly vowing never to stay in the cabins again. It is what it is, an over-priced sleeping room--no more. By the way, being able to stay overnight did earn me some great photos at dusk that I wouldn't have been able to get had I stayed outside the park. If there is a next time, I'll ante-up and get a real room at the lodge.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo