It's hard to review Curry Village, as there are few other accommodations that it can be directly compared to. In order to be as objective as possible I am reviewing it compared to other camping experiences - not hotels.
I stayed in a heated tent cabin with friends over the January long weekend.
- Location is obviously the number one reason for staying here. Great to be right in the valley!
- Tent cabins themselves are far better than sleeping on the cold hard ground. The gas heater kept the cabin toasty through the night. Beds were a step above sleeping on a cot, i.e. just barely comfortable enough. Sheets and towels were basic, but clean and functional.
- Bathrooms/showers were very clean. Not sure if the same can be said at the height of summer when the village is at capacity, but they were fine while I was there.
- Every staff person we interacted with was delightful.
- Earplugs are essential. The tent cabins are pressed smack up against each other, meaning you hear every snore and whisper of your neighbors. If you are a light sleeper, don't even think of staying here.
- Exacerbating the noise problem is the fact that the common areas of Curry Village (guest lounge, restaurant, etc) all closed at 10PM while we were there. As a group of 14 adults who wanted to enjoy eachothers' company over some libations after a long day of hiking, we had nowhere to hang out at night but our tents, which we acknowledge was not fair to our sleeping neighbors!
I've stayed in a variety of different accommodations both inside and outside Yosemite. Assuming budget was a factor, I would probably choose to either camp, or to stay in a hotel/motel just outside the park gate before staying in a Curry Village tent cabin again--especially in the high season. The quality of sleep you'll get in a private room on a comfy bed outweighs the extra 30 minutes required to drive into the valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half Dome Village is made up of a combination of rooms types. We have Hotel Rooms, Cabins with Private Bathroom, Cabins without Private Bathroom, Heated Tents and Unheated Tents. Our operations are seasonal and include 5 Food and Beverage Outlets in the Peak Season. We are located in the Southeast portion of the Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Half Dome Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curry Village Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Curry Village Yosemite