Half Dome Village
$179
$134
Travelocity
  • Pool
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
$129
  • Free Internet
$107
  • Free Internet
$199
The Majestic Yosemite Hotel(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Big Trees Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Yosemite Valley Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
3,830 results
All reviewsheated tentpizzatent cabinscurrystoneman houseyosemite valleyguest loungebear boxsleeping bagwool blanketsbring earplugsfood optionsdouble bedextra blanketsquiet hoursbring your ownhear everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to go to Yosemite for the 4th July long weekend, and when looking for accommodation, only a few choices were available inside Yosemite park, as all campgrounds were full. So we booked a cabin at Curry village for one night, for a very steep price - $250 a night :(

The advantage of booking in curry village - we were right in the heart of the valley, with all major activities and rentals nearby, we had no issues with finding parking etc, and we had easy access to the free shuttles to take us around the park.

About the cabin - it was an ok sized cabin. It was actually 2 rooms, each with its own bathroom, interconnected from within - but each had its own private entrance. So if you have the entire cabin booked, and you are with family, then you can open the internal door and make it one big house. Otherwise, you keep the door locked and it converts to 2 separate rooms - just like in some hotels. The only weird part of the cabin configuration was that the door connecting our cabin to the other cabin was through our bathroom! And there was no other privacy door in the bathroom - so we had to double check if that door was locked every time we went to the bathroom. I just found this setup strange.

Our cabin was right off the parking lot - which was good when loading/unloading stuff, but not good the rest of the time. There was a constant noise from the parking lot, cars & lights flashing now and then at night, and the cabin being low on the ground, all the windows in the cabin were at eye level, so anyone could see inside our cabin day & night - we had to keep the curtains drawn all the time. Whats the point of living in the wilderness - when on one hand you have the parking lot, and on other you cant see outside to enjoy nature.

Our part of the cabin had 2 double beds (which I think is their only configuration in the tents). But when we entered the cabin in the evening, it was hot like hell inside. The housekeeping had opened the curtains while preparing the room and there was ample sun coming straight inside the cabin, making it an oven. To cool the cabin - there was only a small table fan, which was not helping. There was a wall unit which looked like a cooler/heater combo - as it had a temperature dial that went from 68 degrees to 80 degrees, so we turned it on with lowest temperature setting to help cool the cabin. To our surprise, we realized it ONLY works as a heater, so even at the lowest temperature setting, it was still blowing off HOT air. We decided that its better to go out & have fun in the river, than to stay inside and burn.

The bathroom in the cabin was big, had a nice sized tub and all the amenities. We were given a lot of towels, so we didn't have to ask for the towels repeatedly. Because it was so hot that weekend, we did end up taking multiple showers in a day, but we never ran out of the towels.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, except for the hot room (and no way to cool it off quickly). We did not have to interact with any staff, so I can not comment about their service. If I had an option, I would like to stay in the cabins not facing the parking lot next time.

Room Tip: Try to avoid cabins right next to the parking lot. If going in summers, ask for the curtains to be drawn so that the cabin is cool when you check -in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xs2xa
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Curry Village is a camp in Yosemite Valley that enjoys a following. Everyone there is pleasant and relaxed. Awesome views, deer here and there, a pretty pool, and convenient to the shuttle service. Younger children would probably enjoy camping here. There are long lines for food so I mostly drove to the village to eat. The tents are O.K. for the most part, but too close together. The doors have locks and bear boxes-but that needs a lock. I loved having an electronic safe in the room for my electronics and meds. At night I heard people marching on the gravel outside all night, along with talking and snoring. Didn't really bother me. The beds and pillows are clean and comfortable, albeit scratchy. Bring a sleeping bag for sure, (I did). For me, it was a horrendous experience to go back and forth to those showers and bathrooms all the time, but they really aren't that bad. O.K., they are communal and small. I checked out early after suffering through the third night of 40-50 degree weather at night in June (I'm from Florida-I had a sleeping bag and multiple blankets). Luckily, I scored two nights at the Yosemite Lodge, which was a blessing. It came with a heater and a bathroom. I highly recommend the lodge. In the future, I will avoid tent city like the plague but don't let me talk you out of camping if that's your thing.

Room Tip: Walk around the camp first before checking in. Ask for a map.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimham11
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just spent 3 nights in Yosemite Valley to climb Half Dome and chose Curry Village because it is very convenient for all major trails within the valley. Having originally booked a camp site at the Big Oak Flat entrance (one hour away) we were glad we changed accommodation at the last minute.

The unheated tent was fine (being July) and provided enough space for the limited time you spend in it. The showers were inadequate for the number of people and could have been cleaner. Also, there was no hot water after 'peak hour', i.e. 7 - 8pm. The toilets were generally clean.

The dining pavilion had a wide variety of reasonably priced food from breakfast to dinner and delicious (huge scoops of) ice cream. The pizza bar never seemed to be able to cope with the demand and there were long queues until late and very long waiting times once you had ordered. It seems ridiculous that the Meadow Grill (burgers, hot dogs, etc.) closes at 5pm - as does the grill in Yosemite Village. The onsite grocery store was adequate for basics.

The rustic style guest lounge was relaxed and comfortable. However the free wifi was woefully inadequate - any more than 5 people using it meant that others couldn't connect.

Given the convenient location and lack of suitable alternatives we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check in before it gets dark and ask for a tent/cabin away from shower house, toilets or parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MountainGoatSydney
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was the first time I had stayed in Curry Village. It's a very congested area, as other reviews state, tents are side by side and you can hear EVERYTHING around you. Folks tend to get up pretty early, and for the most part, people abide by the quiet hours-10pm-6am. Pool is small, but works when it's 100+ outside; however it does close when there are rumblings of thunder, so be prepared to be a little disappointed. (Thunder and showers are typical in the summer.) The showers in the pool house have the hottest water and are the largest. Cots are comfortable enough and come with towels, sheets, pillows and two blankets per bed. I paid for breakfast to be included in the daily rate, which is a great deal if you are a big breakfast eater- you get a $12.51 credit for breakfast, so if you get a breakfast bundle, grab a piece of fruit, yogurt and/or muffin to go! I would take the shuttle to the Village for other meals- the Loft has great pizza and pasta and the restaurant at the Lodge is very good!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank YankeeFan06
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I brought our 8 yr old daughter here for 4 days and we had a fantastic time. We had no Cell phone coverage (Verizon), no Newspaper, TV and we did not miss any of these items.

We. Spent the time together as a family and really enjoyed ourselves.

This park in my opinion is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Curry Village is a perfect place to stay while visiting here, you are right in the middle of everything. We had a unit with 4 beds and no electrical outlets.

Room Tip: (1) request a room away from the Showers, too noisy (2) request a unit at the end of a row.... No neighbors on 1 side (3) shower at the pool...... There is more room. And more hot water (4) take 1 of those adapters that screw into a light socket and have an outlet available, and take a short extension cord.... For just in case
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family