Half Dome Village
$179
$209
$249
  • Pool
Cozy Bear Cottages(Yosemite National Park)
3,869 results
All reviewsheated tentpizzatent cabinscurrystoneman houseyosemite valleyguest loungebear boxsleeping bagwool blanketsbring earplugsfood optionsdouble bedextra blanketsbring your ownbathrooms and showershear everything
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I went there to spend three nights in May. When the accommodation offered no more and no less than what we were expecting, the noise levels created by young pupils slightly impacted our enjoyment of the place. This said, if we had been going with our family, this would be our place of choice!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed in Curry Village in a tent cabin in July 2012. The location is fantastic. It is right in the heart of the valley, walking distance to a couple of food options, lounge, store, etc. You can rent bikes right there and pedal all over the valley. Good times. The tent itself is fine. The beds are okay, safe in the room, a couple of shelves, and not much else. It was a bit dusty but hey, it's a tent. Now let me just say, I love Yosemite, and I really really love Curry Village. The scenery is obviously amazing, and I just really like the atmosphere at Camp Curry. Earlier in the summer, we stayed in Stoneman House with our kids. Pricey for what you get, but we would totally stay there again. No onto the tent area situation...There are so many tents shoved into such a small area, the noise is unbelievable. Truly. Crying babies (bless their little hearts), loud people, party types, you name it. If we had not taken a grand 14 mile hike that day ending in complete exhaustion, I don't think I would have slept much at all. As it was, the noise went late into the night and started up early in the morning. We have also camped in a tent in Upper Pines, and even though that was one of the most crowded campgrounds I have ever stayed in, the noise was very minimal. We will definitely go back to Yosemite, but we will never again stay in a tent cabin!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank momof3chicks
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Almost 30 years between overnight stays at Curry Village and I remember both much more vividly than some of the ***** resorts I've stayed at. The first visit in the early 1980s was with a girlfriend and it was a fun adventure. I may have thought it was upscale at that stage of my life! In the summer of 2012 I returned with two teenage sons -- they stayed in one tent/cabin and the adults stayed at our own next door. The boys loved the adventure -- the sounds at night ("was that a bear being shot?"), the smell of fire-pits, the crackling underfoot. Yeah, my girlfriend (not the same one as in the 1980s) was more turned off by the bathrooms than the rest of us, but it was as 'camping out' as my not-so-camping-out kind of family would be up for. This was a great family adventure...but for those of us who consider roadside motels camping out, it's for the kids more than the grown-ups.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank brucemag
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me say that I've been going to Yosemite since I was a baby (yes, an infant) and I love it. However, I am not a huge fan of the valley - it's FAR too crowded and expensive. I prefer to be in Tuolumne Meadows or, even better, backpacking/hiking in the high country where you often go for hours without seeing anyone. All of that being said, sometimes you need a "home base" if you plan do day hikes out of the valley. It's near impossible to get a campground reservation so Curry is a must do sometimes. While we've stayed in the cabins, the Signature tent cabins and the unheated tent cabins, this review is for the heated tent cabin. We were in the park during the height of the Hantivirus outbreak so our Signature cabin was closed. We were given a heated tent cabin instead. I didn't want the heat, I wanted the electrical outlet. The outlet worked fine. We were well informed about the health hazards and we felt safe being there. The cabin was clean enough and the bedding was comfortable. The new shower houses were very nice and the bathrooms were generally clean. Like I said before, I find the valley too crowded but, for the sheer number of people using the facilities at Camp Curry, I think they do a good job.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked a heated tent. It was a good experience and value for money. Arrival was a bit rough as we checked in early but thought of going to room after dark which took us over an hour to find in dark as numbering is not in proper series, in terms of rows of tents.
Washrooms are accessible by code only, cleanliness was average.
Location is amazing. We were told it's fully booked but it did not seem to be fully booked.
Pizza place had long queues but it was well worth the wait.
Parking was a bit difficult to find
Overall not bad option for budget travel.

Room Tip: Try to get something closer to road so you can find your way back easily at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends