Half Dome Village
$400
$221
$189
  • Pool
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
$169
  • Free Internet
$199
  • Free Internet
$249
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$145
$189
$179
$209
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Cozy Bear Cottages(Yosemite National Park)
TripAdvisor
3,868 results
All reviewsheated tentpizzatent cabinscurrystoneman houseyosemite valleyguest loungebear boxsleeping bagwool blanketsbring earplugsfood optionsdouble bedextra blanketsbring your ownbathrooms and showershear everything
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me say that I've been going to Yosemite since I was a baby (yes, an infant) and I love it. However, I am not a huge fan of the valley - it's FAR too crowded and expensive. I prefer to be in Tuolumne Meadows or, even better, backpacking/hiking in the high country where you often go for hours without seeing anyone. All of that being said, sometimes you need a "home base" if you plan do day hikes out of the valley. It's near impossible to get a campground reservation so Curry is a must do sometimes. While we've stayed in the cabins, the Signature tent cabins and the unheated tent cabins, this review is for the heated tent cabin. We were in the park during the height of the Hantivirus outbreak so our Signature cabin was closed. We were given a heated tent cabin instead. I didn't want the heat, I wanted the electrical outlet. The outlet worked fine. We were well informed about the health hazards and we felt safe being there. The cabin was clean enough and the bedding was comfortable. The new shower houses were very nice and the bathrooms were generally clean. Like I said before, I find the valley too crowded but, for the sheer number of people using the facilities at Camp Curry, I think they do a good job.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked a heated tent. It was a good experience and value for money. Arrival was a bit rough as we checked in early but thought of going to room after dark which took us over an hour to find in dark as numbering is not in proper series, in terms of rows of tents.
Washrooms are accessible by code only, cleanliness was average.
Location is amazing. We were told it's fully booked but it did not seem to be fully booked.
Pizza place had long queues but it was well worth the wait.
Parking was a bit difficult to find
Overall not bad option for budget travel.

Room Tip: Try to get something closer to road so you can find your way back easily at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank excaliber82
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights in Yosemite. Stayed at the Stoneman House in Curry Village. Let me first say the park and the sights are second to none (Yosemite = 5 Stars). Absolutely amazing. I visited Yosemite about 30 years ago and had no appreciation at the time for the truly stunning landscape. Here are some of the good/great things about Yosemite:
1. Views - Arguably some of the best views/ scenery perhaps in the world.
2. Ice Skating - This was a blast and located right next to our room in Stoneman House @ Curry Village.
3. Gift Store @ Curry Village - 75% OFF everything (due to renovation they are clearing out). We got some amazing gifts & souvenirs at blow out deals.
4. Shuttle Bus (to Badger Pass) - This was free (included with park admission of $20). Very nice bus, ran on-time and provided opportunity to enjoy the scenery.
5. Yosemite Village - Very neat area with museum and outdoor interpretive walk. The Yosemite Valley is pretty flat so it is really easy to explore the area.
6. Docent/ Ranger Walks - We did a (free) 90 minute walk with a park ranger/ naturalist. This was informative and offered a good mile or so loop.

NOT SO GOOD:
1. Rates - We paid almost $200/ night for Stoneman House. This facility is worth about $19/ night anywhere else in the United States. I understand Yosemite is not in close proximity to freeways. But this rate is totally without justification. I can only assume DNC is making obscene amounts of money or the National Park/ Dept of Interior is making obscene amounts of money. Somebody is ripping off the end user/ consumer.
2. Heat in Stoneman House - There are 2 options for heat, Sauna or meat locker. This made sleeping really uncomfortable as I was either getting up or down to turn the heater on or off. A thermostat is a novel idea that would also SAVE lots of money (and perhaps provide for lower rates).
Food - Prices, like the room, are way too high. Again, I understand location requires somewhat of a premium BUT 2, 3 or 4x grocery store prices does not make sense. DNC should contract with FedEx if they are unable to offer more reasonable pricing.
Badger Pass - Ran out of rental equipment for most common sizes so I was unable to ski. Signed up kids (8, 7) for a beginner lesson. Too many other kids in the lesson so virtually zero attention per child (except for the 1 kid that could not stand up on skis got 75% of the attention). The beginner/ rope tow hill is way to short and almost flat so it makes it really hard to learn when you are spending more time in line than skiing.
Tubing - I took 1 look at their excuse for a tubing hill and laughed. I thought I was missing something. The run was about 50 yards long. 1 tube at a time. Very gradual, almost flat. This tubing hill is for 2 year old at best.

I hope to get back to Yosemite ASAP. Next time will be spring or summer and will not stay in Stoneman House or any other facility. Camping will hopefully be a more economic option.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank PEHOWARD
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Been here many times with school field trips or family camping trips. Decent food but nothing to write home about. Fairly priced. Not much of interest in a bland menu but it gets the job done as they say.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My first thought was "what have I done?!". The stay was as promised - rustic. I think it is overpriced at $140 per night. My nephew and I stayed in tent #707. It is located along a fire road. We were able to park in front of the tent on our second night allowing us to easily pack the car in the morning. The beds were reasonably comfortable for a tent setting. The Village was crowded but the noise at night did not keep us from sleep. The bathroom and shower facility was right across the road from our tent. The bathroom and showers were clean. There is a metal storage container outside each tent for food and items that might be attractive to bears. The check-in and check-out process was easy. Would I stay here again? Only if the Park's hotels were booked. Do not stay here if you expect a typical "camping" experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family