What a disapointment this hotel was. From the small cramped rooms to the dirty shared bathrooms, I would not recommend this as a place to stay in Yosemite. If this hotel was in Australia it would have been condemned and closed down many years ago. It was the most expensive hotel my husband and I stayed in during our five week tour of the west coast of the USA, and that included the five star hotels we stayed in in Las Vegas! I don't mind sharing a bathroom but the conditions in the bathrooms at the Wawona were like something out of Victorian times. And with no water available in our room, we were expected to pay US$2.75 for a bottle. The beds were advertised as queen size but were only doubles and the blankets were that small they hardly covered the bed, not to mention the filthy bedspread. Try not to dine at a table near the dining room windows as the floor slopes so badly you have to eat sitting at an angle!! This is after listening to a pianist (who was quite good) while you waited a half an hour or more for a table. We choose to stay here as there was no other accommodation available inside the park but as you have a drive of at least an hour from this hotel to the Yosemite village, we would have been better to stay outside the park at Fish Camp or Oakhurst. Save your money and stay in the tent village I am sure it would have been cleaner and more comfortable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park