We loved this lovely historic hotel. We had one of the European rooms where you have a bathroom down the outside veranda. The hotel provides hooded bathrobes for this trip. Its simple, and yet luxurious. The resturant served the best steak I've ever had (flat iron steak) and the blueberry-apple crumble desert was perfect. We definately recommend this hotel. Its near the Mariposa Grove, but the road to it is closed in April. It rained while we were staying at the Wawona but we didn't care! It has an attached golf course, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park