For the price we paid $79 midweek including a full breakfast - this was great. Inside the park instead of having to get up to drive for an hour in the morning, excellent breakfast, good "pioneer" dinner - with pot roast and trout choices - a little pricey for dinner. Maybe they have been reading past reviews.
They are currently in the process of a makeover. Info about the work said new porches, new stairs, increasing access for disabled, and fixing the foundation were in the works. We also saw some major renovations on some rooms on one end of the main building, but I'm not sure how far these would go. Much of the furniture appears to have been recovered.
We stayed in one of the rooms with no bath. They had towels and bathrobes available. We had electric heat. It was April - so we still had snow in spots at the higher elevations. It was chilly going to use the bathroom, but not that big a deal. They might spring for more heat in the bathrooms though. Didn't notice any noise - a more mellow crowd than down at the campground. The service in the restaurant was fine - the desk clerk could maybe use a runner in the busy season.
A great place to sit on the veranda and have a drink, rest your feet after a busy day down in the valley - I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park