This grand old hotel was built back in the 1800's so it has lots of character. It is all white wooden exterior in a classic Victorian style. The evening meals and breakfasts were excellent, service was first class. However not all rooms have their own toilets so if you want your own facilities book a room in the Annex and specify that you want an en suite! The whole place is very old world, there are no TV's in the rooms or indeed anywhere in the whole place, which is no bad thing. You are a 30 -40 minute drive from Yosemite Village and the main valley but only 5 minutes drive from Mariposa Grove and 15 minutes from Glacier Point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park