The property is beautiful and the scenery is amazing. There is a large porch where you can just sit and enjoy the quiet. In the lobby, there's plenty of seating. The restaurant was incredible for dinner. You can expect to spend about $100 per couple but the food was outstanding. You get a free continental breakfast which includes a hot beverage, juice, yogurt, banana bread, muffin, granola and fruit salad. You can get a hot breakfast for an additional charge of $8. There is a pool on the property which never seems to be crowded. There is also horseback riding for $65 for a two-hour ride. My husband went on the ride and thought it was really nice. Now for the rooms - the only reason why I gave this hotel four stars instead of five is because the rooms are very small. Also, there is no air conditioning which is fine because it's cool in the evenings but you will want to keep your windows open which means you can hear people outside. I thought this would ruin my sleep but I slept like a log. There is a large fountain outside the hotel and the sound of the water is very soothing and it put me right to sleep. On a final note, there is no cell phone service in the park. The hotel has a nice seating area where there is Wifi. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Reservation Counter so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park