What a huge disappointment, and ridiculously overpriced. We visited the first week of May, 2013 and arrived to find an extremely small room, ineffective heat and a huge crack under the door. When Hantavirus lurking in Yosemite, there is not comfort is seeing a crack that a rodent could easily pass through. When we complained about the heat, they offered us room in a different building but pointed out the the heat turns off at 9PM!!!
Had a hugely disappointing dinner in their dining room, choosing the house specialty (ha ha) of pot roast. It was food a small town diner would be hesitant to serve!
When I had car trouble and asked the front desk to help me call for assistance, they curtly pointed me toward the outside pay phone (of course there was no wifi or cell coverage!).
Yosemite was beautiful, but the hotel couldn't have been more disappointing, particularly when the rooms go in excess of $250 per night. PLEASE stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park