We were delighted with the turn-of-the-century charm, and we felt the best location. Just inside the south entrance, but quiet and tranquil. We spent a day in the Valley, and with so many people and congested roads we were happy to head out to our peaceful respite. I was unsure about sharing a bath--was not a problem. Food was OK, continental breakfast included, although you could add items off the menu for a price. We enjoyed sitting on the lawn in the late afternoon sunshine with a good book!! No complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park