Dont be concerned about the fact that Wawona does not offer TV or Phones in the room or that cell phone reception is virtually non existent. You will so busy at Yosemite that you wont have time for modern conveniences. Joshua at the front desk was very helpful with maps of the entire park and info to help us with our busy day in the park. The grounds of the hotel are unique in the fact that they stay true to their roots as a historic site. Also, its well worth the extra travel to and from the Yosemite Village-about 1/2 hour each way. The drive through the park is magnificent. Enjoy the restaurant-great dinner menu....try the organic chicken!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park